Search results

1. P

A few plumbing questions

The only problem with using a standpipe in your application is that it will not skim the surface of the water. The purpose of an overflow box (either hang on or build in) is to pull the top layer out of the tank and skim that. The protiens we are trying to remove from the tank are on top...
  2. P

Happy Birthday patetto!

Thank You everyone. This year is tank related. Working on getting the new 120 gal beast up and running. It is running just not fully set up yet. Once it is fully up I will post pics.
  3. P

120 Design Questions

Everyone, While I don't post a lot on this board it is one of the ones I check everyday. I enjoy reading and respect everyone thoughts and suggestions. So, I am looking for some feedback on a tank I am planning. OK, I have been stuggling with how to plumb my new 120 tank for about a...
  4. P

Stand for crooked floor

I like the idea of the self leveling cement to solve the problem. This will allow the weight of the tank and stand to be distributed evenly. If the floor is in an apartment where you will need remove the tank at a later time, here is what I would do. I am assuming the problem in the floor...
  5. P

Now cloudy water - don't know why. (Long)

Newsalt, I am going to agree with all that is being said and want to reinforce the concept of patience. I am always amazed at how good my tank looks when I get back from a 5 day vacation and the only thing that has been done to my tank is feed the fish and make sure the top off water...