Search results

1. S

Raising Alkalinity With Baking Soda?

Does anyone know the dosage formula for using baking soda to raise alkalinity?
  2. S

Maiden Hair Dying?

I bought a nice live rock covered in gorgeous Maiden Hair from LiveAquaria.com and put it in my tank. It did just fine for a couple weeks. The only changes I made were I put new power compacts in one of my two fixtures on the tank and I treated the tank with RedSlime Control. Now it looks like...
  3. S

Old Power Compact Bulbs Won't Come Out.......

Well, my new power compacts came today. I went to replace them and the old ones refuse to budge from the connector. My new fixture has individual leads to each pin, but this older (but still fairly recent) fixture has a black rectangular connector that all the pins fit into at once......if you...
  4. S

Red Gracilaria Macro Algae?

Has anyone had experience with this algae? I am thinking of buying some from a guy on eBay. He claims that it is hardy and that my yellow and hippo tangs will love it. Anyone know if they will eat it? Thanks, Bob
  5. S

Any Indiana members out there?

I am looking for other members that live in Indiana.......Central Indiana, in particular. Bob
  6. S

Help! Mushrooms spreading BIG time!

I have five different strains of mushroom corals in my 75-gallon tank. These guys have easily quadrupled in number during the past 2 months. I have some that are starting to invade my gorgonian colonies. How do I remove them, from places I don't want them to be, without ending up with...
  7. S

Blue Vet Rx REDSLIME CONTROL

Has anyone had any experience with this product? I had an outbreak of red slime algae and wanted to nip it in the bud, so I bought this stuff and put it in as per dosage directions. The box says it doesn't discolor the water...it did.....turned it a bit white or cloudy. Anyway, my question...
  8. S

Is this a sponge? What's next to it?

I certainly appreciate all of your help, people. I think this is a sponge on the right...........right? What is the thing with the long, soft, brown stalks on the lower left?
  9. S

Please Identify this anemone:

This guy has a diameter of around 15-inches. He has a huge stem (stalk, whatever) when he reaches for the surface:
  10. S

Does anyone know what coral is?

This is a stemmed coral: (Darn, couldn't edit the heading to add "this" between "what" and "coral"....oh well.)
  11. S

Can You Tell Me What This Coral Is, Please?

I'd appreciate your help. I have a few other things I need help identifying, too.............so hang around. :) (Sorry it is a little blurry)
  12. S

Green Moray Eel I found hiding out:

I took this photo when I returned alone (I prefer diving alone rather than buddy-diving) to the shark-feed site used by UNEXSO (Underwater Explorers Society) to put on a show feeding reef sharks in front of their scuba diving clientele off of Grand Bahama Island . This Green Moray Eel lives...
  13. S

Greetings everyone! :)

Hello all, I am happy to have found this forum. I am looking forward to meeting all of you (and picking your brains.) :jabber: I am a 54-year-old disabled, retired firefighter. I was also a master electrician and did electrical work (residential old work, commercial and industrial)...