Search results

1. K

What are these?

These greens stalks have been growing in there forever. They just recently started spreading pretty quickly. The cyano is almost gone again. Lousy food I was using.
  2. K

What are they?!

I've had these things growing in my tank for a while now. I have no idea what they are. I can't get a picture of them either. They look like little cotton balls with feather duster tips. They are all over. Kinda look like little white cotton pineapples. What are these things?
  3. K

Foresee any problems with this setup?

I am stuck with a 10 gallon sump for space reasons, but I think I can get over 5 gallons for fuge use. Any problems you can foresee? I am going to put some chaeto in there, and I was thinking about loading some up in the skimmer area and even in the return area. Any problems with this...
  4. K

Anyone have any experience with this?

Tom Aquatics Pro Series Surface Skimmer Overflow Box with Aqua Lifter (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Overflow Box > External Boxes )
  5. K

Big slow fish?

Biggest fish I can get, that is reef safe that would live in a 46 forever. I am sick of tiny fish and want something bigger than 1.5 inches, but everything needs so much damn room. Is there a fish I've missed that is bigger that won't grow too big? I want to get a tang, but they need more...
  6. K

Build me a refuge/sump!

I have a 46 bowfront gallon display and a stand that accomodates my other tank that I'm going to use as my sump/fuge. It's a small 10 gallon cheapo glass tank. I also have a remora skimmer that I want to stick in the sump. And a current usa satellite fixture for it. THIS IS ALL I HAVE...
  7. K

drilling a 46 gallon aga tank...

How should I go about this? I'm wanting to do a sump/refuge, but I don't like the sound of a syphon overflow. Any good writeups? Also as far as the overflow box, how tos would be excellent. I don't really want to drain and drill and possibly break my tank, but I also don't want to mess...
  8. K

Why does it seem like the less I touch the tank the happier things look?

I go lazy on water changes and the coral looks happier. The crabs aren't dying as often. The coralline is growing faster. Since I've gone REALLY lax on maintenance i've noticed thriving once almost dead corals. I don't get it. (reason for the lax: I've been so poor i can't afford the IO...
  9. K

Harder green/red algae on glass?

Is this normal? I have a type of algae or something growing on the glass that is hard to remove with my scraper. I have to go over it quite a few times to get it to come off. It also has a strange textured look to it. It doesn't look or act like the normal algae I used to have growing. The...
  10. K

Help!

I have some sort of brown algae that looks and acts like cyano and I can't get rid of it. I got rid of the cyano only to have this take over and MORESO. (chemiclean doesn't touch it.) It started as just ugly, but now it seems to be killing my tank! My ricordias have let go of their rocks and...
  11. K

Hydor Killed my tang.

I have a korallia 4 that sucked my tang to death. I DO NOT want another dead fish, but I need more flow than I even have now. I don't want to get rid of it, but I don't know what to do. I'm afraid another one will die the same way. Does this happen often???? The things been in there for...
  12. K

Surfing on phone SUCKS

Why does this site force you to go to a low bandwidth version of the site from a phone? Where can I turn that off? I can't see pics, I can't even post a thread. Can someone help me out here?? (obviously this was done on my desktop, not the phone.) It's just this site too. All other...
  13. K

Sucking out Cyano without losing sand?

Is there a way for me to get this cyano out without losing too much sand? I already barely have enough. I don't want to have to do more. How do you guys do it?
  14. K

HELP! New toadstool rotting.

It hasn't looked happy since I put it in. It just tightened up and never opened. Everybody keeps telling me it's normal. It's been nearly a week and the thing literally looks like it's rotting. THIS CANNOT BE NORMAL. When I twist it in the water it deteriorates. I freshwater dipped it...
  15. K

I knew I should have tested that "RO" water...

I have red slime on the bottom of the sand that just started coming in. I don't have a place to put any media bags for phostphate removers. I assume that's the major problem. How do you guys go about fashioning up something for this situation?
  16. K

Herbivore eating shrimp NOT veggies!?

My new powder brown Tang is not eating the sea veggies, but it ate the frozen brine shrimp like there's no tomorrow? Is this normal? Is there any harm in feeding it like a carnivore? Neither the clowns nor the tang will eat the veggies. The only thing they eat is frozen brine shrimp. Won't...
  17. K

Little white circles... EVERYWHERE.

They look like little bits of clacium deposits. They make very tiny donuts all over the rock and I think some are on the glass. I'm guessing this is normal with highER calcium levels? Is it a type of coraline? There's also plates of this stuff growing on the new rock we got. Any info? Pics...
  18. K

Current USA dual satellite 20ich PC light for sale

Used for less than one month before tank broke and needed a bigger light for the bigger replacement tank. Works like new (cause it basically IS) I was going to use it for a fuge, but I think it's more than I need and I could use the extra $$ elsewhere. 2 independent switches 1 Dual...
  19. K

Homemade conopy for a bowfront?

Has anyone done this? Is there a way to make one that doesn't look like it doesn't fit? I want to have a lid on my tank to control evap. Any ideas?
  20. K

QUICK question

Can I use water pulled water from the tank in a water change to use to cycle new rock???