Search results

1. K

What are these?

These greens stalks have been growing in there forever. They just recently started spreading pretty quickly. The cyano is almost gone again. Lousy food I was using.
  2. K

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin You are ALL OVER this thread. As if you were out to make money off these people. BUT YOU AREN'T! I'm VERY impressed with this whole thing. Kudos!
  3. K

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I just did a test EXTREMELY cheap version. I ran an extra piece of acrylic I had laying around from the out port on my remora skimmer to the far side of the tank. It runs down it and flows into the main...
  4. K

$9 toadstools, or 2 for $15

Still have some?
  5. K

Can i Cut the "brace" on the top of the tank?

I've seen people run metal wires in place of the plastic brace.
  6. K

paint for tank back?

I've heard of people painting a full tank. How is this accomplished!?
  7. K

Muriatic Acid Dilution ?

That's overkill man. You would never see a person suiting up to add the VERY SAME acid to their pool.
  8. K

slight nitrite

Also, reagents only last 6 months.
  9. K

What are they?!

is this a sign of anything or just a nuisance? I think they look like little dirt piles. They are everywhere. I hate em!
  10. K

What are they?!

I've had these things growing in my tank for a while now. I have no idea what they are. I can't get a picture of them either. They look like little cotton balls with feather duster tips. They are all over. Kinda look like little white cotton pineapples. What are these things?
  11. K

My 46 Gallon Oceanic Bowfront

I thought about that, but I don't really want to glue it at a certain angle and I have no idea if it will stay on there If I just snug it on. I like to change my flow around all the time. I'll probably just do that, but I realized I bought ABS glue to plumb for some dumb reason instead of...
  12. K

compact fluorescent vs t5 fluorescent

That's PLENTY of light for pretty much ANYTHING.
  13. K

Current USA dual satellite 80 watt PC fixture.
  14. K

46 gallon conversion

Eel? lionfish? Orca?
  15. K

12.5 gal eclipse hood/lighting

Ditch the hood and get a pendant light or a 24" fixture. Check out my signature for a link to my chronicle. It has my old tank pic in it. (same as yours)
  16. K

Here's the overflow, waiting to be filled and flowed. There's the skimmer that's hanging on the side of the sump.
  17. K

Custom sump in place! Return line plumbed up. Need to get a cap so I can make a spray bar instead of a straight shot into the bottom disrupting the sandbed.
  18. K

Question on moving a tank

Get some big rubbermaid tubs or ice chests and put everything in them securely. Get some new water made up at your house ready for when you get back. There's more to it that that, but do it quick!
  19. K

Water change

46 gallon. I neglect for months and then do 5 gallon changes every couple days until nitrates are zero again. Then go a few months again.
  20. K

Alert!

We are supposed to be in the low 100s here. Not too hot.