Search results

1. Fireshrimp1968

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Here we are week 2 of Big Red full of water and a bottle of Microbacter 7 to kick her off so I could add fish as my qt tank decided it was too old and split a seam making one heck of a mess. Luckily we were home at the time and managed to save everything. Anyway first week was a course of...
  2. Fireshrimp1968

Ok cool!! I do very much like the idea of hiding things away from sight, the one thing I hated the most with the last tank was the small sump and everything being in the way every time I needed to change even the simplest of things like filter floss, those days are long gone now though!!
  3. Fireshrimp1968

Plus 1 on the use of fans Shaun, I have 2 clip on desk fans for my Max s 650, one of which was used faultlessly for my old 300 litre tank when I had it. I like the idea of a chiller but really can't justify the extra cost for our British weather which is unpredictable but for the most part cool...
  4. Fireshrimp1968

Here's my RSM 650, "big red" I've named it, roll on my rock finishing the curing process.
  5. Fireshrimp1968

Glenn's If interested thread...

Here's my RSM 650, very rare to find one this colour here in the U.K. I'm told.
  6. Fireshrimp1968

Well said both of you, hello nobbygas!! I read your thread with great interest when I first subscribed to Reef Sanctuary and then Shaun's thread right on the back of yours, I love the whole step by step route that both of you have chosen to post here, when I first started marine Fishkeeping my...
  7. Fireshrimp1968

I really like it Shaun, no additional power heads that I saw either!! Which answers a question I had rolling around my head as I saw some 650s on you tube with MP 40s and the like stuck on the sides of the tank, seems the 4 power heads supplied are more than ample for most reefscapes that people...
  8. Fireshrimp1968

Hi Shaun,your tank is looking awesome fella, I'm still cycling dead rock for my Rsm 650 and itching to get going with it, the levels are really going down though with water changes and my trusty Seachem water conditioning product!! So hopefully at the end of this week I can build my scape...
  9. Fireshrimp1968

Red Sea Max S 650

Hiya Shaun, I'm here in Warwickshire, will post pics over the weekend, I'm currently curing a load of dead rock from a friend so no hitchhikers!! Will add that in 2 weeks in a nice scape then will get the tank wet.
  10. Fireshrimp1968

Red Sea Max S 650

Thank you Spiraling, I'm getting some sleepless nights now as Friday morning closes in!! Lol
  11. Fireshrimp1968

Red Sea Max S 650

Hi there everyone, no current tank pic as yet as my old tank is now empty awaiting it's next owner to pick it up Saturday.On Friday I will be the very delighted owner of a Red Sea Max S 650. My dream upgrade!! It's colour is Merlot Red. So very exciting times ahead.
  12. Fireshrimp1968

Hi there everyone, no current tank pic as yet as my old tank is now empty awaiting it's next owner to pick it up Saturday.On Friday I will be the very delighted owner of a Red Sea Max S 650. My dream upgrade!! It's colour is Merlot Red. So very exciting times ahead.