Search results

1. ookamii

New skimmer for rsm250

so the old pump in the deltec 500 was about to blow up the shaft and impeller was so out of balance. Our lfs was red 100$ for a new pump or 60$ for a new impeller. I was never really happy with the skimmer which came with the tank rsm250 when we got it. I broke down and got a bubble magus z6...
  2. ookamii

Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

Installed a apex jr to control chiller heater and other stuff. Fits nicely with the the old wiring gutted. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ookamii

RSM250 Flow question

I ended up putting a 3/4" Y line loc and 2 reducers to 1/2" and 3" of extension on each to got around my tower. To me it feels like it splits flow evenly and very little loss of flow
  4. ookamii

Stevedola's Redsea Max 250

I put a set of hydra 26's in. Was pretty simple. I got a piece of aluminum bar from Home Depot and bolted it in to the existing supports and bolted the lights to that. . I find light is overall good but with the lights being so close to the water line the ends of the tank are shaded. Which I...
  5. ookamii

Using a Gyre in a RSM

i put mine vertically in the back right corner of my rsm250 and it helps keep everything moving, i have found everything pulses on its own with the 130 running on constant mode about half speed
  6. ookamii

Need advice of lights.

When we were looking at lighting, one con to orbit's was from what we read the leds were less than 1watt per led. As well as for our tank which is 3x2x2 we would need 2 orbit pro's for the width of the tank. So we spent an extra 200$ and went with 2 hydra 26 and more options and still less than...
  7. ookamii

Red Sea Max LED Conversions

So I ended up installing 2 hydra 26hd in my rsm250. I used some aluminum flat bar from hd, a outlet for both power packs to plug into and some Velcro and zip ties to hold everything together. I put the factory hood fans on the switch which used to be moon lights, and left the rear fans on the...
  8. ookamii

Stan's REEFER 250

Was wondering what your light settings are? We just bought a set of hydra 26 hd as well. And or possibility getting a profile file.