1. A

Is my anemone dying?

Anemone dying.... I think! Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  2. A

Is my anemone dying?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  3. A

Is my anemone dying?

Injury may cause quick death, in my humble opinion they are a tough creature when tankbred. (my six month experience is with a relocated tank of Bubble Tip Anemone) Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  4. A

Is my anemone dying?

How often do you feed? Do you offer any other sizeable optional food ie. Prawn, mussel, scallop, etc. Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  5. A

Is my anemone dying?

Tending towards a possible split..... Healthy parameters and great looking colour and size. Tank will support multiple Anemone and abundance of regular food may be reason to promote reproduction. Twisting a figure eight and splitting off a section may be reason to gape mouth and clone vital...
  6. A

HELP! First Anemone

Lobo like eating plankton! Dutchman looks awesome!, great coral addition to your system. How's Nem doing? Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  7. A

HELP! First Anemone

IMHO: salinity and temp. are 1st & 2nd anyday! Keep it simple while you're flat out with basics. Can be all consuming, enjoy your tank and research as much as possible. "Tis the start of a long journey". Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  8. A

HELP! First Anemone

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  9. A

HELP! First Anemone

I'm guessing your return pump is located in your third compartment below the filter combs....? ( no harm in removing and cleaning this pump which also has an impeller ) Anemone fish for Christmas?? Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  10. A

HELP! First Anemone

G'day, just curious rmud how often you clean your filter? Have you removed and cleaned your filter pump impeller? How strong is the water circulation in your tank? Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  11. A

HELP! First Anemone

Did Fortnightly water Test, 1.025 Salinity 25C Temp Calcium 420 ppm KH 9 Phosphate 0 Nitrate 5 ppm Magnesium 1200 Think I will slowly increase Magnesium while continuing dosing for Calcium increases and Nitrate removal doses. ( every other day each ) Highly recommend looking into Coral...
  12. A

HELP! First Anemone

Syphon gravel with each weekly water change will allow bacteria levels to regulate with your bioload for your Nitrogen cycle. Patience is key, stable parameters over time will reduce algae growth. Dosing to fight Cyano is effective if red slime out of control yet circulation and light levels...
  13. A

HELP! First Anemone

How is your Anemone / hermits? Zoas? (algae).... Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  14. A

HELP! First Anemone

Nitrates do not need to be zero in your tank, not toxic for fish unless closer to 100ppm. Anemone may discolour at the 50 ppm, thus expelling zooxanthellae. Did you know some corals with large polyps absorb Nitrates????? Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  15. A

HELP! First Anemone

Trust your instinct with YOUR tank. Advice and opinions will help, the choices are yours. Every tank has it's own personality and particular needs. Continue getting to know your tank and trust your gut. Right or wrong, the learning process is yours to experience. So many variables interact in...
  16. A

HELP! First Anemone

BTA can be tricky to feed, your small anemone can survive on light alone for a long time. (maybe, once a month if it looks really healthy and is sweeping the water looking hungry.) I think you need to regard it as half plant, half animal, it will photosynthesise, it expels zooxanthellae under...
  17. A

HELP! First Anemone

Surprised to read you've kept the Anemone.....tough decision. So many hermits! Algae and Bacteria come in many forms and require target controls. Many other clean up crew critters may be available, (snail, starfish, cucumber, Abalone, Shrimp, diversity is key in any ecosystem. Less can often be...
  18. A

HELP! First Anemone

Understanding the Nitrogen cycle, anatomy of BTA, reef tank water parameters, and maintaining frequent water changes and routine testing will be the least you can do. The chances of survival are slim yet not impossible for it to recover in the long term. Maintaining a healthy saltwater ecosystem...
  19. A

HELP! First Anemone

Anemone can be tough and resilient. Great way to jump into the hobby, try to keep it alive. You have alot to learn. Have you thought about types of anemone fish? Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk