Search results

1. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

It's been a few weeks now since I posted an update so here it is. I've been keeping up with cleaning out as many flatworms as possible and I have recently seen less and less of them but there are still some hanging around. After the cube finished cycling and anticipating the transfer, I was...
  2. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

The 5g is the one that is being treated for flatworms. I followed all directions and have been keeping up with water changes. I do not feed my tank. I have no fish, only a couple of snails, hermits and small soft corals. So I'm not over feeding my tank in that sense. I do have a deep sand bed...
  3. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

If you correctly read my initial post on the question of why fish die in my 5g you would have noticed I stated that all my inverts and corals don't seem to be phased by the high nitrates. To my understanding if anyone should be dying from the high nitrates it should be my inverts and maybe even...
  4. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Update on the tank: ammonia has come down to 0 and nitrites have spiked to above 5 ppm. Keeping an eye on levels over the next week but I have another concern. My tank temp has been steady at 82f and I'm wondering if I should be concerned? I don't have a heater in there yet and the air vent is...
  5. jenny_rs

Bridgelux 45w par38

Hmm thanks for the help. I've never used par38 before and my corals seem to be suffering with the lights I have now (also leds but not enough) as they are reaching for the light now. I suppose I could use this light for now until I can save up enough money to get better lighting for my 12 g...
  6. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Thanks, I will test again in a day or two and see where it's at. I'm pretty sure there's no stray voltage in the tank and I try to keep my hands out of the tank as much as possible otherwise I have a glove I use. Also, the only thing I would say is off with my Params in my 5g is my ph being on...
  7. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

I only witnessed one of them die, it came out from the rock swimming really quickly and just ended up on its side tail twitching slightly and then died.
  8. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Yesterday the water finally cleared up. All I have in there right now is a big bag of carbon and a sponge to filter out debris for the time being. I tested today and got 3 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrite and a shit ton of nitrates that my test couldn't even read :( I will leave it as is and see how it...
  9. jenny_rs

Bridgelux 45w par38

I just recently ordered one of these for my 12 g jbj nano, does anyone have experience with these? I got it for around 25$ so even if I don't use it now I can always either sell it or save it for a larger tank later down the road. Here's a picture of the bulb
  10. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Thanks, I will :) aquascape may not look the same when I do the transfer thought but I'm going to try to keep it as close as I can.
  11. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Okay thanks for the help :)
  12. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Yea I figured better to leave it be. Just praying to the reef gods that I don't end up with the same high nitrate problem I have now with my 5 gallon.
  13. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

So I just realized that I did not cure this old rock that had been laying in this tank for God knows how long and there's a ton of nitrates in the tank now. I'm going to do a fish less cycle and use water from my main tank for a water change today and took some sand from the main to the jbj...
  14. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Thanks, I've already got a koralia in the tank for now but if I change my mind I'll stick one in the back.
  15. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Does it matter how it's set up... sorry for 21 questions but I never used two pumps in this tank when I had it set up long time ago.
  16. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Okay I've got a bag of carbon ready to go but I've only got one pump for the right chamber. Is that going to be enough? This tank doesn't have any of the old pumps/ lights, I have to add my own, will end up taking the cover off.
  17. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Does anyone know how I should go about using the four chambers in the back for filtration if any?
  18. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

I do have some live sand left over from the bag I had that I could use as there isn't enough in the jbj for my nassarius to dig into. Otherwise I'll have to buy some more.
  19. jenny_rs

Jen's Jbj nano cube

Hey everyone! I'm kind of new to reef sanctuary so I thought I'd start this post by introducing myself. My name is Jennifer, but I'll also go by jen and Jenny. I currently have a 5 gallon tall nano reef that's been running since September 2015. I've got a large turbo snail with two baby turbos...
  20. jenny_rs

Brads 130c build

Looks great!