Search results

1. C

HELP! 130D skimmer replacement

The Tunze uses a magnet on it's side to attach it. You need the media rack to attach in the compartment. I also upgraded to the single return pump but am torn on whether I like it better than the 2 return pumps. Just seems like to much flow in a small tank for 1 return flow.
  2. C

Brads 130c build

Nice start.. lookin good..
  3. C

kalkwasser in my C-130

Good to have when testing this. I'm lucky I don't have it stocked yet so I can play around to see what works. Here is my graph for the past 3 days, You can see how 2 tsp slowly raised PH to 8.36.
  4. C

kalkwasser in my C-130

Gotcha.. I'm just starting out, I filled the tank 2 weeks ago and added live rock and sand about a week ago. I have an Apex PH probe in the tank monitoring how the Kalk affects the system. The 1st time the ATO kicked off it ran for about 15 seconds and I didn't realize it pulled in straight...
  5. C

kalkwasser in my C-130

Oh yeah I should read the title LOL!! :).. At the size I would be careful, Mine replaces about a gallon every 2 days and at a weak mix I can keep the PH at 8.3, I may take some testing to get it right.
  6. C

kalkwasser in my C-130

I use the Tunze Nano 6135, I think the tubing is Standard 1/4 inch. but I have the 130D which tank do you have?
  7. C

HELP! 130D skimmer replacement

Yes I have the Tunze 9004. You need to get the media rack from In Tank but it works great and is super quiet,
  8. C

New 130D setup

Hi All I've been out of the hobby for about 6 years and decided it was time to get back at it. I found this 130D on Craigslist complete with all the upgrades, Vortech pump and Radion LEDS and could not pass it up. What a great tank way to go Red Sea. I ran vinegar through the system for a week...
  9. C

kalkwasser in my C-130

I have a 130D using Kalk via the Tunze ATO. The pump runs for about 4 seconds when it turns on. Over the day it does raise the PH a couple tens of a point, but I've made my Kalk mixture weaker to adjust. I use about 1 tsp per gallon and that seems to keep things stable.