Search results

1. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

I just have the sensor in the right with return pump and heater. On the left I have my apex probes and ATO hose as well as my 2 part dose tubes.
  2. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

Sorry just seeing this. I can post a pic when I get home tonight for sure. I have mine installed in the right hand side of the sump along with my heater. All that is in that section is the return pump, my heater, and the ATO sensor.
  3. CoachLarry

dustinc's SPS E-260

You guys rock! Thanks
  4. CoachLarry

dustinc's SPS E-260

Thanks so much for the link. I think I'm going to get it. Do you know if I will need to completely drain the tank to install it, of just empty the rear sump?
  5. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

It actually started working correctly the next day. Never had to make the call.
  6. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

Installed it last night and while the install was easy, I'm having issues. It appears the sensor is not working. The pump runs until the float valve rises, then shuts off then reads level to high. I'll be calling Tunze this morning to see if we can't get it figured out.
  7. CoachLarry

dustinc's SPS E-260

Yes. I live in Annapolis Maryland and there is really only one LFS that I am aware of. They are supposedly a Platinum Dealer for RS yet when I stopped there yesterday they had no idea there was a sump upgrade available and said they would email RS and get back to me. The store, House of...
  8. CoachLarry

dustinc's SPS E-260

Thanks Dustin, I guess I'll have to deal with my LFS, which is not the best, because all I have found online, including AquaCave.com is the pipework.
  9. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

Thanks for all of the input everyone. I decided to go with the Tunze 3155. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping the ATO will help me dial in my skimmer, which I just can't seem to do. But I guess that is another thread. LOL :)
  10. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

Thanks. Do you think the Tunze 3152 would also work?
  11. CoachLarry

E-260 ATO?

Anyone have recommendations for an ATO for E-260? Worried about pump being strong enough to push water from resivor in cabinet to rear sump 56" up. Thanks in advance. Larry
  12. CoachLarry

dustinc's SPS E-260

I appreciate all the updates. I just purchased my E-260 last weekend and am trying to learn as much as I can, as I am brand new to the hobby. What did the sump upgrade run you and did you get it from a LFS or online somewhere. I called RedSea and they do not offer it. Thanks
  13. CoachLarry

Brand new to the saltwater hobby

Patrick thanks for the encouragement. Definitely doing my best to take things slowly. I knew things would take a little longer getting the cycle going with dry rock and sand vs live. Right now the only thing I don't feel comfortable with is how to operate/adjust the skimmer. I don't even know...
  14. CoachLarry

I agree, I have a 20 hex that I converted a couple months ago with just and HOB filter and a powerhead with 20 pounds of live sand and 15 pounds of live rock. I have had i clown in it now for a month and it is very stable at 1.024 zero ammonia and nitrites and about 1.0 nitrates. I plan to use...
  15. CoachLarry

Salinity= 1.021 Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate all still zero
  16. CoachLarry

Now you have me scared. :) Starting my test now.
  17. CoachLarry

This is today's picture of tank clarity.
  18. CoachLarry

Yes I have a test kit and plan on doing my first test today in fact. I see no markings for water level anywhere in the rear sump area. I called Red Sea and she told me 3-4 inches above the top shelf on the media rack, so that is where I have been keeping it. I have my gate in the full up...
  19. CoachLarry

Thanks everyone. I really have no idea what I am doing, but I'm hoping I can get plenty of help here. I have been up and running almost a week now. I used about 50 pounds of dry rock and 40 pounds of dry sand and 20 pounds of live sand. I also added a bottle of Bio Spyra. Tank appears to be...
  20. CoachLarry

Just got the Max E260 Setup and going

A few pic showing progress since Friday.