Search results

1. Antics

HELP! Top for 250 reefer?

This lid is expensive but it's extremely premium and nice looking. If I wanted a lid that didn't detract from the beauty of a rimless aquarium, I'd definitely go this route. Artfully Acrylic Lids I'm not sure if its Eel proof, but there are plenty of photos for you to see.
  2. Antics

dustinc's SPS E-260

Very nice leopard!
  3. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Day 43 - "Frags ahoy!" Haven't really had anything new to update with. My Gold Nugget Maroons are still fighting. Trying to be patient and hope that they can eventually get along. One of them is clearly more beat up than the other so hoping the bullied fish will submit and they can get along...
  4. Antics

HELP! Acans

I'm sorry I don't think I understand the question? Are you asking if its possible that a fish or shrimp did the damage? If so, then sure anything is possible. If it's already healed though, how long ago do you think it happened. Maybe your fish weren't actively targeting the Acan but picked at...
  5. Antics

Colin's RSM C-250 build

That sounds awesome Adrienne. I work at a LFS but everyone here is telling me they will pick and eat corals, specifically Acans lol. I'm not sure what to believe. The internet tells me they are usually fine with reefs but personal encounters suggest the opposite.
  6. Antics

Colin's RSM C-250 build

I really wish I could get a CBB! I've heard they a super pain trying to get them to eat though.
  7. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Thanks for the post Rini! I agree, LPS definitely seem to have more personality. :P I like the ATI bulbs more than the Red Sea so far. I have no idea on growth difference because my tank isn't nearly mature enough for me to even have a metric. I just like the bluer look the colors of my coral...
  8. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

You could try with only one on the large pump and then get another if the problem persists. I know what you mean. I was really set on the Gold Flake until I saw the Nuggets in person. Mine are fighting a little rougher than I like so I have one separated in a breeding net for now. I was going...
  9. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Updated FTS! Recently switched from Red Sea to ATI bulbs. It's much bluer and I've had trouble getting photos to be true to the eye but this is pretty close!
  10. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Hello Pogipoints, Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! If you have the C-250 like I do you're going to want to order two of the Innovative Marine Spin Stream nozzles. You can purchase them from your LFS or make an online order at Amazon, Marine Depot, or Bulk Reef Supply. The kit will include adapters...
  11. Antics

Colin's RSM C-250 build

Your water looks like air! I'm jealous. My C-250 seems to have a perpetual cloud going on. :D
  12. Antics

Any plans for a larger C series?

I kind of doubt it to be honest. I think the market is shifting more toward the Reefer line of aquariums, and Red Sea seems to support this by releasing the Reefer XL's. Just my two cents. I agree though, I'm not a fan of open top systems either!
  13. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Day 36 - "First corals introduced!" I guess I should preface this by saying that Euphyllia are my favorite family of coral. If I had it my way my tank would be nothing but Hammerheads, Frogspawn, Torches, and Acans carpeting the bottom. Unforuntately this isn't really a good aesthetic in...
  14. Antics

Introduction ReefRob - newby

Hello Rob! I don't have the C-130, but I do have the C-250 which is the next size up. I think its an excellent system with a lot of great perks. My only complaint so far has been the skimmer. It's not bad, just a bit more annoying for me than previous aquariums with sumps and standard skimmers...
  15. Antics

Red Sea Max C-130

Hello Rob, Welcome to Reef Sanctuary. Use the search feature and you'll find hundreds of Red Sea Max builds. :D
  16. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Still haven't added another snail! Might do that tomorrow and perhaps another Skunk Cleaner Shrimp! I was originally planning to get some Gold Flake Maroon Clowns but my boss got a really good deal on some Gold Nuggets so I decided to bite. Really happy with them so far! I generally don't care...
  17. Antics

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Day 29 - "Things are coming together" My diatom bloom seems to be mostly gone. I only have the total of 5 snails and one cleaner shrimp in the system. I'm debating whether or not to add a couple more snails, but I haven't had any issues with algae thus far so I think I'll wait a little longer...
  18. Antics

Auto Feeder for RSM250 with hood

Tagging along because I'm curious myself. I think the biggest challenge is the euro style bracing in the front regardless off the hood.
  19. Antics

MatroxD mad 180 build thread..

LOL! I thought that stick or w/e in the second to last photo was a hand of some sort. My brain was like "Wow either that's a tiny hand or a huge eel". Then I was like "Wait is he using a barbie's hand as a pointer?" Forgive me, I literally just woke up.
  20. Antics

carbon in c-130

Jeff are you using the included air valve or have you removed it? I'm running two chemi pure and a rowaphos but I'm still using the air valve to force a drier skim.