Search results

1. SirMilo

Question about doubling up on LED lights

Hi everyone. This is a dumb question but since I have no access to a PAR meter, I figure it's better to ask. I ran into a deal that I couldn't refuse on another pair of lights and want to add them to my existing pair although this is a perfect example of overkill. All lights are the same model...
  2. SirMilo

ID Please?

Thanks frisbee. I have already removed it. And I think you are right although I have never seen any algae quite like this before. When I used a blade to get it off of the overflow, it was hollow inside and was more plasticky feeling than soft.
  3. SirMilo

ID Please?

We've had a few issues in our tank over the last few weeks due to too many changes in the system at once. This is my way of saying to please ignore the algae bloom. Over the past week and a half, since the bloom, we noticed something growing at the top of one of our overflows- it looks like a...
  4. SirMilo

Just re-entered the hobby

Thank you both. We were out of the hobby long enough where it won't feel like a long wait while everything stabilizes and matures. Fortunately, we are able to enjoy the tank the way it is for now since the rocks are coloring up and we laugh at least a couple times a day due to the personalities...
  5. SirMilo

Just re-entered the hobby

I joined up and introduced myself yesterday and was told people on this site like pictures and that I should start a tank build thread. My wife and I left the hobby in 2010 and just recently set up a much smaller tank. This thread will be a work in progress since we all know nothing good happens...
  6. SirMilo

Howdy from Central Texas

Thanks for the welcome everyone. dfaulhaber- I am in Austin. Already a member of ARC and was a member of MAAST back before we stepped away from the hobby back in 2010. I find there is much more activity here than the local clubs thus the reason I am hanging out here.
  7. SirMilo

Howdy from Central Texas

Hi everyone. Been reading this site for the last few weeks and decided to join since it looks like a great place to hang out. My wife and I shut down our last saltwater tank back in 2010 due to work related issues that made it very difficult to keep up with the maintenance on our 210 (280g...