Search results

1. B

My (Burcusa) first tank (40 gal)

Thanks for the feedback. So, some background on the bricks. They were part of the original construction on our house in 1951 and then they sat in the backyard for the last 5 years. So my feeling was that anything that could be leached out, was leached out. Also they are from a pretty famous...
  2. B

Cheap vs Expensive LED

Per request, I started to chronicle my tank: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-burcusa-first-tank-40-gal.96382/ If anyone is interested in the geometry or my story so far, I have a longish narrative there. Thanks again! -Mike
  3. B

My (Burcusa) first tank (40 gal)

Hey everyone, I am a new member and it seems like I will get some good feedback if I chronicle my new adventure here. I was given a free 40-gal breeder style tank this summer and decided to use it to do something that I have wanted to do for years, start a reef tank. Anyways, I jumped right...
  4. B

Cheap vs Expensive LED

Hey Everyone, Thank you so much for the awesome welcome! Wow, there is a lot more to the LEDs than I was anticipating. At first I was mostly confused as to what could go wrong with the cheap ones and I think that the answer is that it just won't give you the type of light that allows for...
  5. B

Cheap vs Expensive LED

Hi all, First post. I tried to see if there was something like this already going, but I have yet to find one. I would first like to thank everyone for all of the tips that I have learned through reading the posts. I am starting up a 40 gal tank. I currently do a modified Berlin set-up...