Search results

1. C

HELP! Rocks integration

I found some dead coral/rocks on the beach at mayan riviera that i would like to integrate into my sw tank,..any suggestions on how,... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. C

New girl on the block

So I bought 2 blue damsels earlier this week,...and one is already dead !! I am almost thinking I brought home a bug from the store I bought the last 3 fish from (Big Al's Aquarium) as my clownfish (bought at Pisces fish emporium in Calgary) were very happy and healthy for close to 3 months...
  3. C

New girl on the block

My clownfish seemed to struggle to swim,...looks like their tails were heavy and they were moving their fins rapidly,....i did not see their state as the first one was half eaten by crabs as my clownfish were small,...and the other one i fished and and flushed,..i also had a coral beauty that...
  4. C

New girl on the block

thanks all,...unfortunately my clownfish died with in hours of eachother,....eventhough I had my water tested that day at Al's Acquarium here in Calgary who told me that my water was good but nitrates were high,...so I went home to do a water change,...as I don't have a protein skimmer and found...
  5. C

New girl on the block

Hi everyone, Right now I have not had a skimmer yet,..been looking for a small one,...have been doing weekly water changes,..go to the store with my water sample,...all is perfect,.. I have bought a purple tip anemone,..which moved around for a couple of days and has now found it's preferred...
  6. Sw Tank

Sw Tank

not sure why there are line in the picture, as it is fine on my computer,...siiighhh technology
  7. C

New SW chick on the block

How do I do a "tank thread"? Right now I have not had a skimmer yet,..been looking for a small one,...have been doing weekly water changes,..go to the store with my water sample,...all is perfect,.. I have bought a purple tip anemone,..which moved around for a couple of days and has now found...
  8. C

What do you mean by "baste the rocks" ?
  9. C

Yes thanks for the info,..I bought a syringe at the drugstore after promising I was not a crack addict LOL,...and killed the 2 aiptasias...with lemon juice,..
  10. C

Thanks,.I am on week 4 now....I hooked up my red sea skimmer (big monster hang on) and I have gotten almost no protein build up,..and as it fell over at the sink and broke the collection cup it now is ducked taped together LOLOL so not looking to great,..mmmpphhhfff,... But so far so good,..I...
  11. C

Would my hermit crabs eat my little anemones?
  12. C

Thanks I will give it a try !
  13. C

RIght now I have 3 red hermit crabs,..which ofcourse are difficult to keep track off, however I do saw one of them yesterday,..and I have anemones growing,..little brownish,..shaped like a mushroom with tentacles in a circle and little white spots,...one day he is really long in the...
  14. C

So how do you go without skimmer,...just water changes and what other special requirements? Christina
  15. C

Wauw everyone, thanks for your comments,..I will think about the skimmer,..if you say I don’t “really” need one …And get rid of the bubbler,…how do I get oxygen into the water? My tank is doing pretty good,..2 anemones popped up on my life rocks,..not sure how to upload pictures here, but when...
  16. C

Thanks! I am going into week 2 of water cycling,...so far so good,..did the stick test and conditions are pretty good... Now I am starting to think about a skimmer,..picked one up for 20$ (Berlin) what a big monster LOL,..I guess it is only good if you have a sump structure under the tank,..but...
  17. C

HI Everyone, Last year my Dad and Sister got me into tanks,...had 2 FW ones,...now switching over to what I wanted in the beginning,...SW Just set up my 36 Bow with SW crushed coral, and Live Rocks,..and it is happily cycling,...SW level is OK,...got a MarineLand 150 filter, powerhead...