Search results

1. K

Pistol shrimp killing fish?

That's about where I'm standing. Honestly, it was the only thing big enough. I had a ton of gorilla crabs but everything is in the sump now. The crabs are octopus food now. What goes around comes around I guess He was cool looking but not worth the risk
  2. K

I never found a body so I couldn't tell. Maybe was couple of the bigger crabs. I finally cleared them out. There were a ton :/. I left a dozen or so of the purple porcelain crabs though. I have half a mind to put my octopus in there and let him clean house before I start over and add more fish
  3. K

I dipped them in roughly twice the salt concentration that I normally used. It killed a lot of crabs but some survived. I also rinced them in hit tap water to wash out the crabs Etc. I caught a couple of baby pistols and but them in my fuge. The adult jumped out of the rock as soon as I picked...
  4. K

I never did but I could tell something was digging the sand out from behind the rocks.
  5. K

I figured mantis as well. That's why I dipped every thing in the tank in hyper saline water. The pistol is the only thing that came out. It is a 150 with 29 gallon sump. I started it from scratch 4 months ago and used rock from tbs. that is where these hitch hikers came from. I've have...
  6. K

Ive had several fish disappear over the last few weeks including a powder blue tang, flame angel, couple of blennies and a cleaner shrimp. I pulled my rock out and dipped it. I caught about twenty gorilla crabs and one large Caribbean pistol shrimp. I think the pistol shrimp is the culprit. None...