Search results

1. N

Leveling a reefer 170...

Well to my disappointment the reefer 170 has feet on it, which my shims will not fit under since they raise the stand up so high. What has everyone else done to level the tank.. and why on earth aren't the adjustable feet!
  2. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Thanks nano I figured it out!
  3. N

NickF's RSM C130

Nice
  4. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Thank you, quick question how come I can't post a new thread anywhere else?
  5. N

Chalice Growth

Yes just break it off. It's a Hollywood stunner and unfortunately I don't think you'd get anything for a trade in so I'd give it out to people. It's an extremely fast grower
  6. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Here's what's going on in the stand
  7. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Here's an older picture before I got a new cover for my rear chamber. This is right after I lost 96% of my acropora.
  8. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

The sock works a million times better than the filter floss ever did. Water is always clear, nitrates are always low, it makes cleaning the tank a lot easier. Once a week I crank my vortechs to 100 percent nutrient transport and let it clean off the rocks. I'll turn off the right chamber return...
  9. N

Reef Octopus replacing stock skimmer - in RSM250

Interesting, but very low rating for our system isn't it? I see a lot of people have problems with the stock skimmer, but mine runs great and gets super dark in the collection cup.
  10. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Here is a snap of the filter sock. It's been way better than the filter floss
  11. N

Purple tang nipping at brain coral...suggestions

I've also had a wrasse pick polyps off my sps before. I think it's just something fish like to do when they get bored, and pay back for us putting them in our tiny oceans ;)
  12. N

Purple tang nipping at brain coral...suggestions

My tomini tang will eat my moselaya if it's not fed a lot of food, maybe try feeding it a bit more?
  13. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Good to hear someone else has done the same thing! As far as the radions, they are XR30s. Was thinking of switching to 3 xr15s though. The way I have the filter sock set up is in the farthest left chamber. I have a tunze quiet pump that sucks water from the area next to the skimmer and...
  14. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Lights are turning out, but here's a quick sneak!
  15. N

Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

Hello all, I've had my reef tank for about 4 years now! About 6 months ago I had a mysterious sps crash and lost all my beautiful colonies. So still rebuilding! My RSM 250 only has a couple of original parts, the glass frame and the skimmer. I made it rimless, added radions with the tank...