Search results

1. GMANONER

cobalt neo-therm 150w?

When calculating and trying to figure out which type of wattage heater or heaters to get, do you consider total water volume? Sump and tank? I have a 55g with a 28.5 gallon sump refugium = 83.5 gallons total water volume... I'm thinking of getting 2 150 watt heaters, with controllers...
  2. GMANONER

Advice in the Planning Stage

Sounds awesome, I'm heading down a similar path with my 55g Hexagon, with a Trigger System Ruby Elite 30 sump refugium, planning all the plumbing now... Get yourself some type of fan to run in the stand for air flow. OH, I also bought a UPS Battery back up for my system from Costco, for...
  3. GMANONER

Algae Out of Control

A friend of mine was using tap water for his water changes and had lots of algae in his tank, I used Rodi water from my lfs and had zero algae issues... I'd change the filters of the Rodi unit first....
  4. GMANONER

NEW TO THE BOARD, READY TO GET STARTED...

It's been 7 months since my last post about starting my new reef project and so far the only thing I have done has been my education on the hobby... I am super excited and will start to build my stand for my 55g HEX.
  5. GMANONER

Upgrading Tank need suggestions (lights-skimmer)

Is it a general rule that you should get the biggest sump refugium possible that you have space for? The more water volume the less water fluctuations right?
  6. GMANONER

GOOD MORNING FOLKS.... THIS FORUM IS STARTING TO GET ADDICTING... LOL, LOVE IT!!!

GOOD MORNING FOLKS.... THIS FORUM IS STARTING TO GET ADDICTING... LOL, LOVE IT!!!
  7. GMANONER

I MOST DEFINATELY WILL AS SOON AS I GET SOME EQUIPMENT AND STAND ALL READY.... UNTIL THEN I NEED TO PICK EVERYONES BRAINS....LOL
  8. GMANONER

HEY FOLKS, I AM A LONG TIME REEFER WHO'S BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR 15 YEARS. I HAD A 55GL REEF TANK 15 YEARS AGO AND REALIZED THAT THIS HOBBY HAS BECOME MY PASSION. I HAD THE TANK FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS AND WAS SEEING SOME REAL EXCITING POSITIVE BENEFITS AND CHANGES IN MY REEF. I HAD BUBBLE A BUBBLE...