Search results

1. Keno

Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED

On another forum, this guy is doing an in depth study of the Euroquatics bulbs. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/370116-euroquatics-e5-teardown/
  2. Keno

My Eheim Aquastyle 9 Gallon Nano

Ammonia and Nitrites are now zero. Nitrates stayed at zero. I want to see if the marine pure block is denitrifying, so I dosed enough KNO3 to raise my NO3 to 2ppm. Tomorrow I will measure my NO3 levels.
  3. Keno

Ammonia: .25ppm - holding at this number Nitrites: 1.0ppm up from .5ppm the day before.
  4. Keno

Ammonia: .25ppm - holding at this number Nitrites: .5ppm up from .25ppm the day before.
  5. Keno

February 12, 2016 Ammonia: .25ppm - down slightly from a peak of .5ppm. Nitrites: .25ppm
  6. Keno

The pump for the hang on fuge, hangs in the tank vs being in the fuge. I did see some mods where people moved the pump to the fuge. My concern with moving the pump is when it needs to be cleaned. There is not a lot of room to get my hands into the fuge to remove the pump. So I needed to come up...
  7. Keno

I have plenty of room in the hang on fuge for carbon, etc. It's good to know what's been working for you.
  8. Keno

Getting a .25ppm Ammonia reading. The cycle begins.
  9. Keno

If you have any specific LED light questions, just ask. I've been building LED light systems for SW and FW tanks since 2009. I had also setup a company for awhile building custom led light systems.
  10. Keno

I have a yellow goby I will be moving into this tank once it has finished cycling. Any other suggestions on fish?
  11. Keno

I have the Tropic Eden mini flakes. I pre-rinsed the sand, which didn't take much. The tank is crystal clear. First time I've had this happen with a new setup.
  12. Keno

Thanks! I have the Eheim actinic and the 6500K bulb. It was getting a par of 20 16" down in air. I figured once I added water it would only go down. I didn't measure it higher up. I have an Apogee MQ 200.
  13. Keno

My original plan was to use 1 Eheim Actinic LED bulb and 1 Eheim Daylight LED bulb. I did some PAR readings and decided to use an LED light that I built for this tank instead.
  14. Keno

The Nano tank is now wet....
  15. Keno

Some additional images.
  16. Keno

I've started work on my Eheim Aquastyle 9 Gallon Nano. Here is where I am at so far. I am probably 2-3 weeks from starting up the tank. Tank: Ahem Aquastyle 9 Gallon Nano. HOB Fuge: CPR Aquafuge2 - I swapped out the Rio 200 pump that comes with it for a Rio 600. Much better flow. Plus the Rio...
  17. Keno

My rsm130d

How do you like the seneye? How well does the Kelvin meter work?
  18. Keno

Does size matter?

I think you need to ask yourself why do you want a sump? For example I always use a sump, specifically a refugium on my tanks. Why? I use part of it to house my skimmer & heater. The other half I have a deep sand bed and LR with macro algae to help control nitrates/phosphates. I also use it to...
  19. Keno

Neck's Red Sea 130 Refurb

We all go through that stage.
  20. Keno

Neck's Red Sea 130 Refurb

Pictures please.