Search results

1. dirtrider225

Red Sea Reefer 250 build!

Tank is doing really well since the house move. Removed the sandbed and the dinos are also completely gone. everything is testing out awesome!
  2. dirtrider225

Sorry i missed this, im not on the forum too often anymore as work is really busy. As for your question i do like the skimmer however i think i would get the omega 130 if i did it again. Or maybe the nyos 120. There is almost no room in the sump with that skimmer in there and it seems to be...
  3. dirtrider225

4k video tank update Tank has been very neglected. Just cleaned it up a little and did a 20 gallon WC.
  4. dirtrider225

Yes, I decided to remove the sponge from the pump itself, nearly doubled the flow haha
  5. dirtrider225

Thanks guys! Its slowly getting there! so far its the best system and setup ive had yet, although my others were pretty simple. Definately glad i went this route instead of getting out of the hobby which was the other option.
  6. dirtrider225

Been a while but new post! AAAAAND PICTURES. From the right side PEEKABOOO Bubbles Finally! Damn Brown Jelly This is the hammer coral that used to be in Scorched's 3 foot tank. Purple Horrida Frag SSC frag. Starting to color back up and get some PE, I was told that...
  7. dirtrider225

Crappy quality photodump time! Been a while since an update, so here are some photos since its been set up and running. this was the first itteration of everything witht he scape and lighting, Then i decided to change some things up a bit. Also some...
  8. dirtrider225

Ricks Fluval M40 Chronicle

Ive had a few RBTA's and as far as i can tell there are so many variables with why they bubble or have long tentacles its almost impossible to determine what it is. Some say if they dont get enough light the tentacles are long and 'reaching for more light' others say they bubble 'to provide more...
  9. dirtrider225

I currently do about 20% waterchange every week in my RSM 130, so i will probably stick with the weekly 20% on the 250. Ive decided to not go with the tang and do 3 anthias instead of 4. The reason i want a magnificent foxface is cause i dont like the look of the normal/ one spot one. The color...
  10. dirtrider225

So for stocking fish im planning kind of a heavy bioload. I personally feel like swimming room for the fish is the most important thing in stocking instead "x fish needs atleast 75 gallon tank" But again, thats just my opinion. Right now i have: Randalls Goby+pistol shrimp Yascha Goby Midas...
  11. dirtrider225

UPDATE! Leak test was sucussful! Tank was damn near silent, like silent silent. Hopefully once its set up and i get everything dialed in and set correctly it stays that way So the plan is to buy sand and start filling with saltwater in the next day or so Right now the cables are...
  12. dirtrider225

Dang. Was hoping they came in 2 packs.
  13. dirtrider225

Thank you for that info!! Ill definately get some ordered. were they spendy? did they come in packs of 2 or 1?
  14. dirtrider225

Everything was packaged good, seemed to be very thought out to make sure nothing would get damaged in shipping This little thing right here on the stand makes a huge difference from the old stands imo. The stand was easy to put together and very sturdy, pretty sure they either used real wood...
  15. dirtrider225

my plan is to use the return for surface agitation and use the vortech for water flow. Going to test the MP10wes on the half inch glass in a couple of days. Ive read that it works just fine, but ya never know. Ideally ill probably sell it and get an mp40 but we will see
  16. dirtrider225

Update! Reefer 250 has been picked up and brought to the apartment! will be putting the stand and everything together hopefully tonight! Ordered an Eheim Compact+ 3000 for the return pump which should be here wednesday or thursday so ill do the leak test then and hopefully fill it up with water...
  17. dirtrider225

Much appreciated lol i do more lurking than anything haha
  18. dirtrider225

Damn. It was a good deal and i was hoping it would work. maybe ill shoot for a heavy bioload? if it doesnt work out i can always sell it and get my money back. Thanks for the input! Do you have a link to your build thread so i can check that out?
  19. dirtrider225

So some information. I currently have a RSM 130, and its a great tank but i decided i want some more space. After some reading and searching i come across the Reefer series and find what looks to be perfect! I just ordered my reefer today! (ETA 2 Weeks!) Current equipment list: Reefer 250...
  20. dirtrider225

FS: RSM 130 Golden Valley Minnesota

Id like around $450 for it but am open to offers. The tank is currently set up as you can see, it will be taken down once i find a buyer and get my new tank to replace it. (Red Sea Reefer 250 :))))