Search results

1. J

HELP! Clownfish concerns? Video

At least your Clownfish is swimming. I have a pair that just lay on their side pushed against the overflow. Been like that for 6 months they never do anything, boring as can be. They don't even go after food just wait till it floats by and then get it. Some times I reach in just to make sure...
  2. J

Peppermint Shrimp

I have 2 shrimp and they have completely cleared my tank of Aiptasia. They don't seem to eat full grown Aiptasia though so you may have to hit that with X but no new ones grew.
  3. J

Peppermint Shrimp

My peppermint shrimp will actually grab on my fingers when I'm playing in the tank. They are out all the time with lights on.
  4. J

Full-Tank Friday!

My 45g cube. Tank is 6 months now. Still pretty empty but it's getting there slow and steady. Don't mind the Hammer in the bottom right was my first coral (bought 4 months ago) and haven't been able to get it to do anything. Doesn't look like it's in very good shape and hasn't grown at all.
  5. J

Please suggest a new fish or two for my established reef tank.

I I love my melanurus wrasse. Very helpful at keeping nasty critters at bay and extremely active. Also very peaceful.
  6. J

new BTA

Picked up a BTA and got him in the tank. He decided it was a good idea to climb inside my live rock. I figured it was normal for them to hide a little while they settle in but it's been 8 days and I'm starting to get a little worried he's stuck in there. Is this something I should just wait...
  7. J

Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS Protein Skimmer

I use it; it works great and takes up little space. It is a little temperamental on water depth so make sure you keep it at the recommended lvl, mine is in 8 inches of water. Also it took a few days to get it broke in properly and was a little bit of a pain. No matter if I had it set to min...
  8. J

What Fish?

I'm in same situation. I have a 45G cube with a pair of Extreme Picasso Clowns, and a green Chromis. I'm currently looking for my next fish and would like an active swimmer since my clowns just hang out in the corner. However, I think I may have to put the active swimmer on hold because I...
  9. J

Dracko's 55g Reef

I ended up checking around and found someone local who needed some additional snails and we ordered a full cleaner pack for the free shipping then we just split it up and saved us both a lot of money.