Search results

1. J

Phosphates and filtration

Hi, I have a RSM S400, new, about 2 months, and the green hair algae seems out of control. I've added around 70 snails, hermit crabs, etc. and it seems to be getting worse. I've been doing some reading and it seems some use a PhosBan Reactor. 1. The C-Slim 1800 isn't really producing...
  2. J

Joe's New RSM S400

This is an attempt to show some pics... http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/joecas/Joes%20RSM%20S400%20Pics/story
  3. J

HELLP!!! It's leaking!

Hi, So I finally added RO water to the ATO of my new s400 and it is leaking right at the output to the sump. There is a black valve looking thing with a gray tube that runs to the float in the sump. It is leaking at that valve. The grey hose seems seated correctly. There is no clamp in the...
  4. J

s400 sounds like a flushing toilet

I just set up my RSM s400 tonight and it sounds like flushing water coming from the top right side. It lasted around an hour, went away for 30 mins and now is back. Any ideas what might be causing this? Also perhaps incredibly stupid question: In the auto-top-off chamber, do I put salt water...
  5. J

Filtering

Hi. I am BRAND NEW to this... I just bought myself a RSMS400. I put it all together, got an RO filter, ordered live sand, live rock online and water test kits. My burning question at the moment (working through them one at a time)... This will prob sound very dumb, but what goes into all...