1. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Hi, Does anyone have a reference for how to move a reef tank? Thanks! Joe
  2. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Already lost one :-( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. J

Joe's New RSM S400

So, after letting the tank be fishless reef for 12 weeks, I restocked it a bit. All was good for nearly 2 weeks, and now the ich is back! Damn! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Can anyone tell me what this is? It's grown to this size in about 3 weeks. And it seems to be moving, it was to the left of the drain, now it's above it. I want to scrape it off, but maybe it's good? Any ideas?
  5. J

Joe's New RSM S400

OK. I was trying to wait for good news before I posted again, but I figure maybe all my bad news might be useful for people dealing with Ich for the first time. Here is what is going on: I was treating my tank with Ich Attack and Dr. G's Anti-Parasitic Caviar. Things seemed to be going well...
  6. J

Joe's New RSM S400

So do i need a third tank for the scaleless fish? http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/ "Copper has several disadvantages in treating Ich. First, at too low a dosage, it is ineffective. Secondly, at too high a dosage, it could kill all your fish. Daily, or better yet twice daily...
  7. J

Joe's New RSM S400

can someone please confirm gobies and blennies cannot be treated with copper and should stay in the DT. correct? also, can a sea urchin get ich? mine seems very unhappy for the past few days.
  8. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Dave, I'm really sorry about your kole and angels.... losing fish (and coral) is the hardest part of the hobby. I'm glad your yellow tang is hanging in there. I'm rooting for him! towards the end, the only thing my yellow tang would eat was mysis shrimp with garlic powder sprinkled on it...
  9. J

Joe's New RSM S400

So, After saying the remaining fish all looked fine just yesterday, I came home today and they are all covered in white spots. The kole tang, banner angel, spotted sweetlips look the worst. The bellus angel for some reason looks ok, as does the wrasse, the clowns and the rest. My daughter was...
  10. J

Joe's New RSM S400

So, my Hospital tank was a complete fail. In trying to catch the fish, I destroyed my aqua scape and accidentally broke a beautiful plate coral. In the end, the only fish I was able to catch was my fairy wrasse, and he was so stressed in the hospital tank, he turned almost completely white...
  11. J

Joe's New RSM S400

20 gal hospital tank filled with water (about 66% from DT, .33 new nutri-sea), PVC connectors, powerhead, filtration. Ready to go. Catching fish to transfer them... a freaking joke!!! I will likely have to destroy my aquascape to get them all. Oh well, it'll give me an opportunity to...
  12. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Body count = 3 1 mandarin (the one that brought the ich, I think) 1 yellow tang 1 file fish Wrasse definitely has it. Procrastinated on HT but it's ready to go now and will start transferring fish tonight. I read blenny fish cannot tolerate copper treatment. What do I do with Benny the...
  13. J

Joe's New RSM S400

My Wrasse is definitely flashing for no apparent reason. Damn! Everything I'm reading is about preventing and isolating. Not much about curing. From what I can tell, none of the commercial products actually work. What to do?!?!? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Thanks Dave! Unfortunately my tang didn't make it through the night. Looks like a great link, I lots of reading to do. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Need advice quickly: My yellow tang is practically dead. pretty beaten up (or ich, I can;t really tell). The Kole Tang was nipping at it when I got up this morning and bothering it all day. I took the tang out, made a make-shift HT in a 5-gal bucket, water from the display tank and an air...
  16. J

Joe's New RSM S400

I just did like a 30% water change... it's still settling but looking pretty ok. Here's a pic:
  17. J

Joe's New RSM S400

I know there'll be a lot of haters for this, but I decided to keep the Spotted Sweetlips. It is an awesome fish, seems very happy in my aquarium, and I've grown attached to it. I figure I can always trade it or donate it when it outgrows the tank - or who knows, maybe in a couple years I'll...
  18. J

Joe's New RSM S400

I have a new problem/question: When I was at the LFS picking up scarlett hermit crabs, I noticed an awesome looking fish. I asked the help on the floor about it and they said it is reef safe and will grow 3" max (the battery in my phone died and I couldn't verify), and I picked it up. When I...
  19. J

Joe's New RSM S400

Putting the lights on from 5PM to 11PM is brilliant, this way it's not on all day when I'm not home. It doesn't match the earth's natural lighting, but I guess that doesn't matter. Unfortunately, with the S400, I cannot turin on the middle 2 lights separately. I can only control the front 4...
  20. J

Joe's New RSM S400

I stagger the front from back... i read somewhere that this emulates sunrise and sunset... but in general, lights go on around 7:30 AM and off around 7:30 PM. I guess 10 hrs is preferred, but I am gone most of the day and I do want to enjoy the tank with light for a bit when I get home...