Search results

1. Adrienne

How to tell what version on a RSM 250 I have

C model has a different sump arrangement but the most telling feature is that the tank is not rounded at the front like the 250 model. To my knowledge there is only the 250 and C-250 out there. I have the C-250.
  2. Adrienne

RSM C-130 Hood and Skimmer

What an awesome offer :)
  3. Adrienne

xCry0x's RSM 250 build thread

Oh my! That acan is absolutely stunning :)
  4. Adrienne

Colin's RSM C-250 build

Sorry for the delay in replying - LivingReef in Christchurch. http://www.livingreef.co.nz/c/82/livestock
  5. Adrienne

Colin's RSM C-250 build

Yes they can be hard to get to eat - best not to take the word from a shop that they are eating but insist on seeing them doing so. My one was 'eating' frozen mysis supposedly when I got it but the first thing it fed on - after 5 days - was all my aptasia, then moved on to bristleworms, fan...
  6. Adrienne

Colin's RSM C-250 build

Bristleworms? My CBB deals to any that poke their noses out so I have been fairly lucky in that respect.
  7. Adrienne

HELP! 130D skimmer replacement

I have new second hand 130D on which I need to do some replacements - likely to be skimmer & circulation pumps. It did come with a media rack - why is this necessary with the Tunze 9004 please?
  8. Adrienne

New 130D setup

Would you mind taking a photo for me of the upgrade circulation pumps nozzles so I can see what they look like? Were there two holes in the back of the left side of the sump area for the nozzles originally and if so how is one of them plugged as I believe the latest upgrade is one outlet only...
  9. Adrienne

Colin's RSM C-250 build

I was interested to see what feedback you received on the asterina. I have two in my C-250 tank, 18 months ago there was one :) I'm leaving them there as I like my tank to replicate nature as much as possible and if they get to plague proportions I will deal with them then.
  10. Adrienne

Antics Red Sea Max C-250

I have a frogspawn and a torch in my C-250 with the stock skimmer. Frogspawn is doing really well at between 1/3 - 1/2 up the tank, torch was doing really well on the sandbed but needs more room. Both will be being fragged shortly and the main corals moved to my larger tank set up.
  11. Adrienne

Red Sea Max 130 D by Desmond

Very very strict bio-security in NZ and very small local market due to small population, combined with fishkeepers not wanting to pay big $$$ for fish = limited species. Its virtually impossible to get inverts into the country and with the huge quarantine costs and risk after 48hrs in transit...
  12. Adrienne

Thanks - yes NZ and it is going to be a QT tank for my fish as the shops over here in general are not that great at providing healthy fish to the public :) Enough said about that.
  13. Adrienne

Thanks for all your help. I've got the power unit out now and plugged in everything. It is running well albeit the return pumps are a bit noisy - they need washers on them. The seller neglected to tell me the tank had been empty for 18 months before he sold it so bits have dried out. I'm in...
  14. Adrienne

Well now I feel like a total idiot and am so glad I asked you. After reading what you said I stuck my hand down that side and sure enough I can feel the power unit there! I'll have a better look at it tomorrow in the day light as there is no ceiling light in the room it is sitting in. Have...
  15. Adrienne

Your tank is looking great. I've just picked up a 130D to use as a QT tank. It has a media rack and the skimmer is a reef octopus (I think). I was wondering if you could assist me with something. Wha is supposed to go in the far right compartment of the sump area? I notice it doesnt fill up...
  16. Adrienne

Adrienne's Red Sea Max C-250

Well its been a while - a lot longer than I realised :) Here are some photos taken today. I have been collecting nsw since around mid January and the tank is looking great. Some of my corals have been moved to my custom built marine tank and in a few weeks I will move more over - just...
  17. Adrienne

Hair Algae?

Is this the one? Will look into when I get back from overseas. I'll have to get it in but I see these guys ship to NZ. So you have no other media in the tank now?
  18. Adrienne

Hair Algae?

Very interested. Which reactor did you get and where have you placed it?
  19. Adrienne

Can someone with the C-250 help me out please? :)

If I have where you are talking about correct my measurement makes it 4 1/4 inches from the top of the back of the tank glass to the top of the hood.
  20. Adrienne

Malibu S300 Plus (Meanwell Driver 300W)

Thanks - here is a link to the lights http://www.ledzeal.com/p43.html Purchased here in NZ new, from the guy who did my plumbing etc on the tank set up. $1600 NZ - I have no clues about lighting really so went with his recommendations. I have today changed to a DIY mode so I could adjust...