Search results

1. Koestby

Kenneth's Reef Royal

Well that's the thing, I'm having SPS corals rtn'ing on me.. they do fine for a while, keeping good color and pe. And then turn to brown and the rtn from base. I'm dosing Component 123+ currently 80ml a day of kh and the mineral. Ca and Mg is still high from the start at 500ppm and 1500ppm...
  2. Koestby

Kenneth's Reef Royal

Here`s my fishlist. 3 x Tangs Blue Tang Yellow Tang Clown Tang - Juvenile 2 x Clownfish Amphiprion ocellaris 3 x Wrasse`s Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse Exquisite Fairy Wrasse Yellow Wrasse 7 x Chromis Viridis 1 x Flame Angelfish 1 x Starry Blenny
  3. Koestby

Kenneth's Reef Royal

Ok guys, I need some help. Let me shed some light on it, I have been using AF probiotic salt since the start of this tank, 11 of March it started cycling. I have been using Np Pro and Pro bio S for no3/po4 reduction (ULNS) system.. I thought that WC 10% every other week would be sufficient. I...
  4. Koestby

Kenneth's Reef Royal

So I`ve been kinda lazy and doing a ton of other stuff around the house and outside.. Summer is coming WOHO.. But the tank is doing great, I was afraid that not having the lights over the new tank during the cycle would spring a new algae outbreak when added but fortunate enough it was kinda...
  5. Koestby

GlennF's reefing heaven!

This is just awesome :D I bow down for what U have accomplished :)
  6. Koestby

Gerald's reef tank

Nice start U are onto :) But like @mr_tap_water says, one of the best buys we can do is a refractometer for testing. And when u get to put your live rock in be sure to have it sitting properly on the glass and not the sandbed. If u are getting sandsifting fish, or shrimps that live in symbiosis...
  7. Koestby

My 650L mixed reef

Wow! Great looking tank. Dunno how I could have missed this thread :/ How are those angels with your corals, the regal and the majestic? Awesome coloration. Thumbs up :D
  8. Koestby

Kenneth's Reef Royal

Soooo, while the tank cycles I got a good amount of time looking for what fishies I want in my tank. Almost all the fish in the old tank will join the new, I`ll write up my list for you too see. Wish Fishlist: Yellow Pyramid Butterflyfish x 2-3 / Hemitaurichthys polylepis Watanabei Angelfish...
  9. Koestby

Kenneth's Reef Royal

So here goes, I'm setting up a new tank. Woho The tank itself is a Aqua Medic Anthias 160. 160x67x70 - 750l I made it black and did new plumbing on it. Originally it came with 1 drain and 1 return, Im running Herbie style overflow, so I had to make 1 more for emergency. I drilled out the 25mm...
  10. Koestby

The Stony Shallows

Updateeee? [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Koestby

Plumbing my Anthias 160

I meant to post a pic of what I accomplished, so here it is. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Koestby

Plumbing my Anthias 160

@DaveK, you sir are a guru :D I will be going with ABS bulkhead as that`s what`s been used originally from Aqua Medic, I´ve removed the overflow box and the existing fittings so its only glass on both holes as of now. Gonna put in new bulkheads on both when I get the drilling done. Need to buy...
  13. Koestby

Plumbing my Anthias 160

I've been speaking to aqua medic and the tank is not tempered. And originally it's not even set up as a durso, more like a trickle filter. Overflow filled with bioballs, same in the sump. That's why it only had a strainer at the bottom. I'm going to cut the overflow box out, remove the...
  14. Koestby

Plumbing my Anthias 160

Thanks a lot @DaveK for that writeup, really helps a newbie. So U reckon I would be fine with just running it like it sits now? 1.5" as drain and 1" for return/supply? As a durso standpipe/stockman or something in that lane. I`ve read alot about people having trouble to get it quiet enough, the...
  15. Koestby

Plumbing my Anthias 160

Hey guys. I'm in the process of getting pvc for my new build. It's a aqua medic anthias 160. Today it got 1.5" drainpipe, think it was used for a durso, it only came with a strainer all the way down in the overflow box near the bulkhead. It might been removed, dunno. And a 1" for return.. I...
  16. Koestby

Kenneth`s RSM 250

Wow, I havent been on here for ages. Im still about though ppl, tank is doing good. Switced my salt and dosing accesories to Aquaforest earlier this year, and I gotta say. This stuff is awesome. I also use Seachem matrix. Giving me more place for bacteria too grow on ;) The 250 is going down...
  17. Koestby

Joey's RSM 650 Tank Thread

Hows thing`s going Joey? Pictures please ;)
  18. Koestby

Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Great read as always, man I cant belive the colours U get ;) They are insane. How do U plan running your matrix ? I just got myself 1l and poured it in where the intank mediarack was on my rsm250...Huge mistake?
  19. Koestby

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Wow a truly stellar tank, ive read it before but it still amazes me. I just got some Matrix for my tank, struggling with some no3, due to a high bioload. I used to run a mediarack, but its gone now. Do I need to run the matrix in a bag? Or can I just dump it where the mediarack was before? Im...
  20. Koestby

Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Algae is a PITA ! Especially bubble algae, kill kill kill. Awesome thread, loving the pictures, it all looks so crisp [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk