Search results

1. J

Diatom Cleanup

Hello .I have a 120 gal tank that finished its cycle 2 weeks ago. I am now in the diatom stage with it covering most of the glass. While I do have a small cuc inside, I would like to know if I should manually clean off some of the diatoms myself
  2. J

really embarasing question

Help please. I have received a shipment of 40 lbs of Key Largo aquacultured LR. I divided it in 2 mixing LR and some DR I already have. I added ammonia to the water and have a 1150 gph powerhead in each barrel. Now for the dumb part. Am I curing or cycling here please? Thanks
  3. J

Shimp vs Ammonia

i guys I got my first shipment of Marco live rock (25 lbs) Friday. I put it in a 20 gal barrel,powerhead, along with 25 lbs of DR and covered it with RHODI and salt 1/2 cup per gal, . I have read somewhere stated that ammonia is faster than shrimp but from what I have been reading on the...
  4. J

My First NACL Tank

Hello RS Could use your help here. I have a very premature question. I am getting ready to start my first SW tank build and may be thinking too early maybe, about the order I want to do the QTing. My purpose is to have the QTing finished in sync with the tanks curing. The tanks I have now are...
  5. J

What do you do

. Does anyone put their live and dry rock, and sand in a QT before using it? It has been suggested as necessary. What do you think?
  6. J

Maybe Cycled But....

Hi Ya'll I have about 100 lbs of dry rock that I put in salt water almost 3 months ago also adding frozen shrimp. The water containers are covered and have circulation running 24/7. I feel pretty sure that it could be cycled but won't know for sure till some checking is done. Already, there...
  7. J

Introduce Myself

Hi everyone. I am Jay Morris from SC. I am looking forward to participating here with ya'll. I am getting ready to set up a 75 ga.. mixed tank if I can ever get the stand I am having built made. So please think of me as a Nub. Thanks