Search results

1. T

TheKrakenWins Red Sea Max 250C Build

Coming along nicely. All of the bryopsis and hair algae are gone leaving me with a nice blank canvas. I've added a number of SPS corals including: several types of birdnests, a mili, stylos, a GARF Bonsai acro, a strawberry shortcake, a slimer, and a couple mystery acros. Even found a nice...
  2. T

please help bryopsis

Recently whipped a tank take over of this garbage. I employed the following methods: Kent Tech M, lettuce nudis, & a tuxedo urchin. The nudis were completely useless. You'll spend more time fishing them out of overflows then they'll spend eating bryopsis. The tuxedo urchin was amazing. Love...
  3. T

I'd guess about three inches. Was about as wide across as my hand when I pulled him out of the bag. I don't fathom him growing much more, seems like an adult fish
  4. T

Jeez... so I added a Coral Beauty over the weekend to my reef which already contained a fathead anthias and a yasha goby. The CBA is a complete and total jerkface. I didn't figure there would be much aggression considering that the other two have already established territories, aren't that...
  5. T

Mo' s500

At least she doesn't love Xenia. Or leathers...
  6. T

Where to point the left return?

About a 70 degree angle and toward the left center of glass for me. I was having leaking issues from surface waves on my RSM 250c. That solved it for me.
  7. T

Eesa's RSM 650

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I've heard that a lot from anthias owners. You start out with a small harem with one male, a few of them change sex and then it's World War III. A lot of them, like lyretails, fatheads, bartletts, etc do fine on their own despite a lot of retailers suggesting...
  8. T

Shadi's red sea max 250

Awesome puffs. Would be like a wrecking ball in your system though. Good show of willpower resisting them. I'm having to chase my wife off of adding a leopard toby to ours someday. She loves those little guys. If you aren't going to do the reef thing, and you really want a puffer in here, a...
  9. T

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll get through it. I dropped another 20 Astraea snails into this tank since the photo was taken. That brings my CuC to 25 Astraea and 5 blue hermits. I'm probably still a little light and may put in an order from John over at Reefcleaners. His packs are awesome...
  10. T

Stomatella Snails, Should I keep them?

Yeah, I used to have a tank with tons of these. They mated in my sump in large numbers and would continue to repopulate my tank. Then I got a Harlequin. No more stomas. :) Kinda hard for a critter that can't retract much of its foot into its shell to protect itself from a hungry tuskfish.
  11. T

Mo' s500

Yeah, I don't blame her. Those are awesome lobos in the back there, and I love how they contrast with what she picked to be in the front. You've got some awesome colonies going here.
  12. T

Yep... don't mind me. I'm just growing a lawn... Err... I meant reef. Looks like I'm going to have to get to work slaying some phosphates. It's right to share the bad with the good so that when I look at this picture in two years I can get a good laugh at it. The neat thing is, my...
  13. T

I Pulled The Trigger on a S-650...

Killer set up. I love the look of the white 650. It's going to be a beauty!
  14. T

MattNoir's 130D

Nice! Your firefish is going to love it in there! Lots more room to swim. How open is the back on the 130? When I have one in an all in one I had to fish mine out of one of the sump chambers about once a month because he decided to jump over the skimmer gate ; p . Hopefully yours will have more...
  15. T

The stone crab took 2-3 years. This guy got spotted pretty early. I always buy really porous rock and I love combing all the nooks and crannies with a light at night and seeing what I can find. Sometimes it's a little freaky. After I made that first post I spotted a bunch of amphipods out for...
  16. T

Well... the hitchhiker game can go the opposite way too. Once got this fellow as a ride in: For scale he was about as big as a my fist by the time he was removed. Also had a stone crab in the same tank that got sumped. Never really know what you're going to end up with.
  17. T

█ █▀▀ A R C • L a g o o n ▀▀▀▀███ ► Nexodos Red Sea Max 250L

Wow. Those colors really pop under your radions. Fascinating mix coexisting there.
  18. T

Byron's RSM C-130

Neat! Looking good. Lots of purple on those rocks you put in. What are you growing on the upper left? Hard to see from the picture.
  19. T

OK! I'm back. And I'm in action. Here was my initial scape. I've changed it around SIGNIFICANTLY since I took this picture, I'll post a new one up soon. I decided I needed about another 30 pounds of liverock to fill things out the way I wanted, so now I've got plenty of shelves for all...
  20. T

Thedrus RedSea Max 250

Agreed! Awesome rainbow. Color me jealous.