Search results

1. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Will buy some on next sale or pick up what is left. Bit low on funds this week plus I want to take my time. Especially with an unexpected BTA making it in my tank (Fortunately has not moved in a week and half which makes me think its happy where it is but some luck or is too unwell to bother to...
  2. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Picked up a bubble tip anemone from a friend who was having problems with it in his tank (probably too small and insufficient lighting). My tank is no where near the age that I would plan to get a BTA but I thought it would still have a better chance in my tank with better lighting. Water...
  3. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Thank you Wrangy. Had a look at some of their zoa's. They're incredible! I'll definitely be placing and order or two soon :)
  4. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

I'm thinking of getting a zoo garden going first of all. Maybe Sinularia, Frogspawn and some mushrooms as well. All in good time of course.
  5. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

First new coral. Got a leather coral. Opened up well on the first night and stays open while the white lights are on and closes up on the evening under the moonlights. Calcium 450 Magnesium 1350 KH 8 PH 8.3 Nitrates 0.04 Ammonia 0.00 Nitrites 0.00 Phosphates: Unreadable to test...
  6. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

P.S. I will be putting airline tubing and a valve onto the stockman when I get a chance to improve siphon.
  7. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Heres the pics. Not overly interesting. With corals, new critters and fish to come perhaps I will produce more interesting photos then. 1) Heres my new MP-40 pump as you can see a little green hair algae problem on the rocks. The urchins are churning them up and will get some hermits...
  8. S

Best Test Kit?

I think different brands offer good tests for certain things. For instance I like using Salifert for KH and Red Sea tests for Phosphate. Salifert in terms of price to quality ratio are fairly good the only criticism I would have is the box and instructions are not made for water and can...
  9. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Just bought a two little fishes PhosBan Reactor. Have phosphate and silicate removing media due to a diatom and green hair problem. Will be going lights out for three days once the reactor is in full flight. My tests showed no phosphate but I think that may be due to the fact the algae had...
  10. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Wow it seems very irresponsible of LFS to sell Palythoa without any precautionary advise. Though to be fair mine just grew out of Live Rock. I'll have to do some research in how to care for them to avoid any potential hazzards! Mishko well currently we are about to enter winter so funnily...
  11. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Wow it seems very irresponsible of LFS to sell Palythoa without any precautionary advise. Though to be fair mine just grew out of Live Rock. I'll have to do some research in how to care for them to avoid any potential hazzards! Mishko well currently we are about to enter winter so funnily...
  12. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Just aquascaped used a lot of putty so my skimmer will have to remain off for about 36 hours according to instructions. This is a must! Your skimmer will go crazy. Anyway. I think once I have my first MP-40 and dosing pump I will be good to go to add corals. So perhaps in about a month or so...
  13. S

Maxspect Razor 160W

Hi there, Had a maxspect for about a week. I love the lighting and its simplicity to operate though as of yesterday. Even when I have it both A and B on 0% both remain on. They ramp on but never turn off. If I have B on 1% and A on 0% both remain on and not just B. Has anyone had this...
  14. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Are paly's fine? The smaller ones are fluorescent under moonlight. I really like the look of them so if they're safe for corals and all then that's great! The sleeper goby is one of my favourites. But can be a rare site. Has a nice home under the rocks. Wrangy do you know where I can find out...
  15. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Gold Headed Goby
  16. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Chromis called 'Graham' by the house. Aquascape and tank. Have additional pump for now until I get my MP-40 In. Majano Anemones? I'd say looks like it too me. Weird shape and form though.
  17. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

I think I might have quite a Majano problem developing. I'll have to post pictures but looks pretty Majano to me!
  18. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

leaks come from plumbing not the glassware which is flawless!
  19. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Hey all! Transferred my 80L Tank successfully into my new tank. No livestock loss after 3 days so it's looking good. Still dealing with minor leaks and noise problems. I would still recommend this tank to anyone. It's beautifull. My weir is on the back rather than the corner. I want to replum...
  20. S

Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Thanks mate. I'll have to remedy that sound for the peace of mind of those who live with me haha!