Search results

1. B

PH drop after water change

Mike, thank you. Sg was 1.023. Just checked again it is 1.030 I guess I have put too much faith in the Lfs will have to go back to making my own water and making sure of proper ariation and salinity. Looks like the pre mixed water was not a shortcut but a long way around the learning curve.
  2. B

Thanks Dave, I have made a list for further research. I do make my own top off water but it takes over an hour for a 5 gal. Bucket to fill. the 2 part buffer I use was the same weekly dose I use and based on 75 gal of water for dosing didn't think it would jump so high, this too leads me back...
  3. B

Thanks Steve, I will
  4. B

I had used an older ( not knowing) strip and got a 80ppm nitrate reading and ran to the fish store for 50 gal of SW for an emergency 50% change. Since the change, my PH has been at 7.4 and nitrate near 0 and confirmed with another trip to lfs. They sold me balance blocks and said to use pH...
  5. B

RS Website Speed

Very slow, thought it was my tablet or being a newbie to the sight.
  6. B

Hi all, New to Reef Sanctuary

Thank you Glenn! I will start a tank thread as soon as I can figure it out how things work and look forward to posting and seeing other tanks.
  7. B

Thank you! Yes it was a big jump but much easier to care for the big tank than the small one.
  8. B

I'm fairly new to saltwater, about 2 years now. Started with a 29gal cube and now have a 110gal reef tank with LEDs, blue hippo, clowns,yellow tang, foxface, coral beauty, Cole eye tang, bullet goby, Bangai cardinal, blue mandarin, zebra brittle star, red brittle star, soft corals, feather...