Search results

1. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

I have noticed that if I get the mp10 more than 1/2 way down the tank that it dose blow but the flow it provides even from 1/3 of the way down is find with me. The two clowns seem to love it.
  2. C

AI Vega in a RSM 130

Thanks! That did help. I read through a bunch of threads right before making the decision and someone used Velcro. I like your idea much better. Thanks for the help! Your tank looks amazing to! Hopefully this mod will prevent the need for a chiller as well.
  3. C

AI Vega in a RSM 130

I just took your advice and picked up a used Radion Gen2 from a member. If I remember correctly from what I read you used some Velcro and form? How did you rout the power cord? Sorry for the 100 questions but i don't want to cut up my hood either.
  4. C

AI Vega in a RSM 130

Thanks, I did see it last night but I was hoping someone else would chime in with advice. It seem like both lights are very close in size. My thought is that if I have to I will just cut a whole in the hood for the fan.
  5. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

Another big day for the tank. I just added a Reef Cleaners CUC and an MP10wes to the tank. Very excited with the flow difference!
  6. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

Thats good to know. I will be placing an order for one very soon. I'm going to grab a few things from InTank and they have that fan in stock at a decent price.
  7. C

AI Vega in a RSM 130

Anyone have any experience with this?
  8. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

As promised pictures are up.
  9. C

AI Vega in a RSM 130

I am looking at picking up an AI Vega from a member to place in the hood of my RSM 130..... Can anyone tell me how they mounted the Vega in the hood? I know it's been done but no one seems to have a thread showing how. also dose anyone think I would need to cut a whole in the top of the...
  10. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

Ok so I have a ph reading on the tank at 8.6 and a KH test of 6.4 .... this seams counter intuitive to me. I thought these were connected. Dose anyone have any suggestions or any thing that you can help?
  11. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

Your right! that was intrusting. I'm running that hot with out the back cooling fan yet. It will be interesting to see how much effect that little fan has on the small back chamber.
  12. C

Trying to learn macro

Awesome Shots!
  13. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

That dose help a little. I love the look of the stock lighting actually. So it's good to hear from a few sources that it will grow just about any thing. The only thing I dont like it the heat. My tank can run at 79 without a heater during the day in a 69 degree room. I'm thinking that the...
  14. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

Can anyone comment on the progression of the gear? I'm unsure as to what the best way to spend my money is. There are many upgrades I would like to go through and I will get them all eventually but the questions is which one will be most beneficial now? I'm thinking the LED upgrade would be a...
  15. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

I do remember that only bad things happen fast in this hobby. I currently have the RSM Marine Care test kit as well as the Reef Foundations kit. I also just ordered the phosphate test kit. I have been looking at the Tunze nano ATO but have not pulled the trigger. Thanks for the suggestion.
  16. C

Cycleguy's RSM 130

Well after a few years out of the hobby while i paid for grad school I am back. I picked up a used RSM 130 and started the build 3 weeks ago. Equipment: RSM 130 Cobalt Neo-therm 100w heater (replaced the stock one) RSM 130 replacement main pump (Free from red sea :P) Love the service from...