Search results

1. J

In-tank fuge?

I'd really like to get some chaeto in my rsm250, has anyone used an in-tank fuge that suctions to the back wall with success? thanks
  2. J

WTB: extra barbed elbows for jbj chiller

Hi all, bot a jbj 1/5hp on CL, seller only had the 3/4" barbed tube where the hose attaches to the chiller. Hoping someone out there with a similar jbj chiller has a pair of the 5/8" barbed elbows laying around that I can take off their hands. Thanks, Jon in Charlotte
  3. J

Fish keep dying

Ok, as the title implies, this is not a happy post. Started up a RSM 250 that I bought off CL. Been running about 4 months, started stocking it after 2 months. Pre-stock parameters were very good, just as they are now. A variety of corals are all doing great, as are inverts. Temp a little on the...
  4. J

WTB: RSM 250 skimmer pump

Sorry for the faux pas, but I don't have 25 posts yet so can't post in RSM section. Bought a used RSM 250 and surprise, surprise the skimmer pump doesn't work. New ones are just $100 so don't want to pay near that for a used pump that goes bad in no time, but if anyone has an extra for whatever...
  5. J

WTB: RSM 250 skimmer

Looking for the standard unit that comes with the tank if, anyone has upgraded.
  6. J

Alternate skimmer for RSM250?

I've seen posts here saying that the owner of a RSM250 upgraded the skimmer. I'm kinda new to this, can anyone suggest an alternate skimmer that fits into the RS250? Don't mind paying up for a cleaner tank but don't want to buy one that I can't use. Many thanks
  7. J

new RSM 250

Well, bot it used but new to me. Have been reading a lot of threads here and its all great info, but since every reefer has their own style and level of handyman skills the guidance can get a little scattered. So I hav the aforementioned RSM250, 50lbs dry rock and 40lb "live" aragonite sand...
  8. J

rocks: keep them or clean them??

I'm moving from a 29g nano to a RSM 250. Now I assume the standard answer is to move the live rocks into the new tank. HOWEVER: the old tank did not go very well, to say the least. And there are those minute white starfish pests all over my tank. I am strongly inclined to use the same rocks...
  9. J

Hello all

Waiting for the arrival of my RSM 250 On Vet Day. Been running a 29g cube for a couple years with less-than-stellar success, but I hope I've learned along the way and with a significant upgrade in equipment that we will see better results. Also running a 6g at my office with MUCH better success...