Search results

1. winschuc

What's wrong with my linkia?

One of the worst parts was flushing it. I was honestly scared it would get stuck, since it's so rigid, and I would have to explain to the wife why an orange leg was poking out of the bowl. Especially when I sent her this a few days ago.
  2. winschuc

Its really annoying, I've got an 8" brittle and a serpent about the same size. They've been doing fine for months. I guess it was just the luck of the draw. Similar to my clam It's unfortunate, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has had problems with stars.
  3. winschuc

Steve's LEDs

What percentage is everyone finding works best with their Steve's kits? I've got the extreme SPS full spectrum kit @ 80% for all channels and am keeping a sebae and Rbta at the sandbed of a 30" deep tank. I'm finding my zoos at the bottom are bleaching while the ones mid-level are fine.
  4. winschuc

Chris's Cube

5. winschuc

It did for a day. Woke up and it was dead. The only thing I can think is that my peppermint shrimp beat it to death.
  6. winschuc

Rip starfish
  7. winschuc

Back to normal.
  8. winschuc

It looks like that one is propping up. Mine is literally wrapped in a ball at the bottom. I'll see what happens, looks like it won't last long, but hopefully I'm wrong.
  9. winschuc

Ok, thanks. Guess ill keep an eye on it for a few more days and pull it if things go further south. Funny thing is that I any seem to find any info on this balling up behavior anywhere.
  10. winschuc

It keeps curling up into a ball. The peppermint shrimp pick at it a little bit. Is it ok? Or is it dying.
  11. winschuc

Some help with identification

Please forgive the random ridiculous words, my phone has an autocorrect disability :).
  12. winschuc

That does make more sense, the polyp color is nearly a teal blue on top of the greenish/purplish base. I'll have to see if they're arranged in rows tomorrow. I agree, some of the names are confusing. Can't tell you how many times I'll Santander in a LFS and google the names written on their...
  13. winschuc

Thanks!
  14. winschuc

Acropora, not scriptoria. Stupid autocorrect.
  15. winschuc

Just want to make sure I've got the ID's correct. Could really use some help on the last two though. Scriptoria samoensis I think Hodags montipora ORA tortuosa And two that I'm unsure of. They were gifts.
  16. winschuc

White sebae anemone

From what I've read so far, when they bleach out like that you have to feed the pretty heavily. It allows the nem to recover since they can't process light for food.
  17. winschuc

Chris's Cube

Been a while since I updated this. Over the past month or two I've lost a few pieces of coral. Nothing that isn't easily fixed though. Should have know that going into busy season I wouldn't have a lot of time to focus on maintenance. I did just pick up a new addition though, sebae nem! So...
  18. winschuc

RBTA is annoying.

Holy he** that thing is huge!!!!
  19. winschuc

RBTA is annoying.

It's got a clarkii hosting. Just barely bigger than the fish. Saltfan, I'll trade you whenever you want! Thins thing stays one size. Haha.
  20. winschuc

RBTA is annoying.

My rbta has been in the system for around 5 months now. It's not growing. I feed this thing three times a week, and it consistently shriveled up like it's starving. Tentacles are short and stubby. Color, however, is phenomenal and it bubbles frequently. Honestly I'm really confused. One day...