Search results

1. Anya

Let's get started! (Pico vase build)

Thank you! ^_^ I can in fact remove all the rock-scape easily. It's only 2 big hunks. Honestly, I think the macro algae is going to need trimmed long before I have to touch the coral, lol.
  2. Anya

Thank you, I have seen those, I'm just cheap and prefer to elbow-grease it myself. I may cave if my algae ever goes crazy though, lol
  3. Anya

Thank you!! Great to have an ID, too. :D He's just been grazing on the glass since I put him in. I didn't even know he was alive...I scolded my mom, who hadn't even seen him. Even if he eats some of my cloves, it won't hurt anything. I haven't cleaned the glass in weeks...I have lots of spots...
  4. Anya

Here are some pictures from last night, introducing my new sea star who hitchhiked home on a seashell from a beach trip...tsk, tsk. Back view:
  5. Anya

Thanks guys. :D I still haven't gotten my coral food, so honestly I haven't fed the vase apart from a few freshwater shrimp, squished up. (Probably why the hermits went after my coral.) I change the water once a week, 100% if I feed, 2 hours after whenever I feed. Otherwise I let it go. I top...
  6. Anya

Not the best pictures, but it's maturing nicely! I pulled the hermits a few days ago for eating my mushroom...naughty crabs! Back to the store you go!
  7. Anya

Thank you both. I didn't, I got it from Goodwill along with another one virtually identical to it. It was under $3, and there was actually a third I left behind, haha. It's a vase Walmart carries in stores. Should be about $10 new. :
  8. Anya

Thank you! the macro screws with my blues...but I suppose I'll just have to suffer it's presence. :P
  9. Anya

Please forgive the salt creep and unhappy mushrooms! The poor mushrooms were removed from their plug and dropped repeatedly while attempting to place them on a rock...lol. Other than just now, they have been very happy. I picked up some clove polyps, as you see...My theme is entirely blues...
  10. Anya

Thanks everyone!! It's still doing well this morning, so I'm pretty happy. Think it's time to add the CUC...I've spotted some hair algae. Noooo. See, I open it multiple times a week, so there's never really a chance for anything to buildup. It's mainly there to prevent evap and splashing all...
  11. Anya

My first coral! A cute lil mushroom. I know it's really too early for coral, but I had some rats to get rid of, and I traded them for this guy (Sort of. It was more like he felt he had to compensate me for the rats. :P I raise snakes, you see.) So we'll see if he lives!!
  12. Anya

Solpete's 100G Semicircle startup thread

That was quite awesome. :D
  13. Anya

A Real Hero

(I'm sorry, I really am, I agree with what you're trying to say here, but....bahahaha....)
  14. Anya

IMO, it looks prettier every day. :D I used a piece of aluminum foil as a lid yesterday. It was PERFECT, until a little voice in the back of my head told me to google the effects of Aluminum on living creatures...so yeah. Cling wrap it is, lol. I hope it works! I have a marble and a little...
  15. Anya

Tentatively ID'd my first critter! Think it's an Amphipod of some sort. :D (Again, dead center of the screen, look close) She's SOO cool. (This I see eggs of some sort on it's belly)
  16. Anya

Look dead center of the picture. That's bright pink in person. Isn't it cool? Can't wait for it to grow so I can find out what it is!
  17. Anya

WQDOUJWREFJWERLFJJ@!(&!(#&!!!!!! I am beyond excited!!! PICTURES: And my makeshift 'lid' since it was spitting alll over everything, ahaha: I am SO HAPPY! I adore the LR I got- so so so pretty, and had some really cool bits I'm looking forward to watching mature...:D:D:D
  18. Anya

Tidepools and prettiness in Half Moon Bay, CA

lol! I knoooow!! It's terribly temping to swipe...but I only take shells and the like. but wouldn't it be eaaaasy? hehehehe. ^_^ I remain a good girl....
  19. Anya

Tidepools and prettiness in Half Moon Bay, CA

Yeah! I think it's a Giant green anemone (Anthopleura xanthogrammica) in the pix with the sea star. :)