Search results

1. G

Adrienne's Red Sea Max C-250

Hey there stranger :makefun: With all the OEM skimmers from red sea max it is quite common for them to produce large amounts of microbubbles for the first few weeks until it breaks in.
  2. G

130d filtration

Yeah, get rid of the ceramics as they just become a detritus trap and cause nitrate issues. Also make sure you clean/replace the filter pads and sponge with every water change.
  3. G

Rear Chamber of RSM 130 as a Refugium?

Hey fellow reef addicts, I was wondering today as I was cleaning my tank if anyone has ever successfully used the rear chamber of the rsm 130 range as a refugium? I run a home made media basket which is a replica of the stevie t one and a tunze 9002 skimmer and there looks to be a lot of...
  4. G

The *NEW* Tunze 9001 is Here!

Do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade to the 9002?
  5. G

Godly3vil's RSM 130

Been awhile since I updated this, haven't done much with it as my father passed away so have found it hard to spend any time or money on it as I'm covering all the costs of funeral etc. How anyone can even afford to die is beyond me! We did move homes about 2 months back so decided to remove...
  6. G

rsm 130d

Around 30% here, but that's because I use NSW which is free, will be changing to ASW soon though so will be doing smaller or less frequent changes.
  7. G

Water Flow

Danreef, what settings are you running your wp-25 on? I have 1 in my rsm130 and still want more flow but yours looks like it is moving more water.
  8. G

Pictures New RSM 130D

What lights are you using? Tank looks amazing!
  9. G

Red Sea 130D mechanical filter & carbon options?

The factory sponges are a nitrate factory, much better using filter floss which you just replace as needed.
  10. G

Godly3vil's RSM 130

I have to say how impressed I am with the tunze skimmer, after about 2 weeks running it produces more skimmate pretty much daily than the stock skimmer did each month. Excellent upgrade. On another note my bangaii pair are finally eating pellets which is great as now I won't have to feed as...
  11. G

Madbuga's AquaOne Reef 300

Looks great dude, some of those corals are amazing!
  12. G

Max 130/D circulation pumps

Any idea when these might be available in New Zealand? From the sounds of things it's an excellent upgrade. I emailed RSM around a month ago quarrying this but am yet to receive a reply. I don't mind paying for it either but I'm struggling to understand why this is excluding the rest of the...
  13. G

Godly3vil's RSM 130

Thanks! Slowly getting there. I'm actually battling an outbreak of bubble algae at th moment which is frustrating as hell lol. Installed my media rack and tunze 9002 skimmer, it's definitely a lot quieter but have had a bit of trouble with it overflowing the cup, think I may have it sorted by...
  14. G

130d rear chamber Media

What is peoples recommendations on another type of carbon to run in the media rack, can't buy chemi pure in NZ?
  15. G

Godly3vil's RSM 130

I'm from Invercargill dude, our single LFS only has a tiny marine tank that is the unhealthiest marine tank I have ever seen, they don't even bother with corals or new fish. I get all my equipment and livestock shipped to me from all over the country. It's been a while since I started this...
  16. G

inTank Media Rack

Thanks heaps guys, waiting to hear back from naqua now, I don't have a problem making one as a guy I know down here has a cnc cutter so can make it pretty tidy, wasn't going to make one out of egg crate as I have heard of floating problems.
  17. G

My RSM 130

Great tank man, wow that rock scape has to be the best I've seen in a 130.
  18. G

inTank Media Rack

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I should even be asking this but I am thinking of making my own media rack copying Stevie T's design and can't seem to find the exact measurements of everything, what I need to know is the height of each rack and the gaps between each of them, the size of the holes and...
  19. G

Sand sifter choice for RSM 130

I heard watchman gobies are excellent for this, that's what I am trying to find for my tank.
  20. G

Godly3vil's RSM 130

Hey there gals and guys! Thought I would finally take the time and join this excellent forum as I have been lurking for ages reading and admiring everyone else's threads and tanks. I have been keeping freshwater tropical for as long as I can remember and have had great success with some...