Search results

1. scastillo813

SCASTILLO's 120G reef build.

Hey guys, Just picked up a Perfecto 120G (60x18x26 tall) drilled tank yesterday. I has two corner drains and returns. This will be my first custom tank. I have a RSM250 and have done really well with it so far. I have a pretty good grasp of the hobby and most common knowledge of how things...
  2. scastillo813

Salt residue on biocube?

Lately I've noticed a lot of salt build up around the upper outside and down that same side of the tank. It isn't leaking any water, it just looks like the remains of salt after the water has evaporated. Has anyone else experienced this issue? RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  3. scastillo813

RSM w/ LEDs experiences/results

So I've have my Steves LEDs going in my tank for about 2 1/2 months now and I can say without a doubt they have been awesome. MY LPS and soft corals have grown well (for 2 months time) and the few SPS corals I have have shown growth also. Overall I give them 10/10, but my only concern is my...
  4. scastillo813

Coral ID please

The first tank I ever bought was a 14g bio cube that had a few corals in it already. Im not really sure what they are. I'm thinking one is either a chalice or war coral of some kind. Any ideas on what they are and best light/flow for them? Thanks RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  5. scastillo813

Bothersome CUC ?

I have about 30 blue legged hermits, about 3 red legged hermits, 4 turbo snails, 2 cleaner shrimp and 4 peppermint shrimp as my clean-up crew. Lately I've noticed some of my Acans receding back (hiding) in certain spots, which is unusual since they almost always have their feeder tentacles out...
  6. scastillo813

Chiller needed on my RSM250?!

I know that the RSM250's are notorious for running at higher temperatures. Before with the T5s my tank was running around 83-84 *F I installed the Steve's LEDs and now my temps run around 82-83ish. With the install I lost the use of my dual cooling fans in the back. Right now I'm in the process...
  7. scastillo813

Carbon Reactor needed?

I was looking at some of the things people have added to their setups and found that some run GFO & Carbon Reactors. Would something like this be beneficial to my RSM250? I currently have the bag of carbon above my bio balls in the left side next to the skimmer chamber. I've found a single...
  8. scastillo813

Any ideas?

So I had this coral for about 3 weeks now and I'm pretty sure it's dead. Here's a picture of it the other night. I was told it was too high up and moved it to the bottom of the tank. Friday night I fed it a few mysis shrimp and it ate them right up. Today it looks dead to me, not sure why...
  9. scastillo813

What is coming out of my anemone?!

Noticed tonight that these brown strings were coming out of my anemone. It's never done this before. Should I be concerned?
  10. scastillo813

SCASTILLO's RSM 250

Hey yall, a few weeks back a friend of mine wanted to sell his RSM250. Given the price he was asking, I couldn't pass it up. He already had some live rock, two anemones, a tomato clown, and a snowflake eel. (It was definitely a little neglected) This is when I first brought it home.