Search results

1. F

fragging a toadstool

<–– Just following for some tips, good question
  2. F

Conflicting Advice

I have seen this with coral. There are some LFS stores around that say, they do not acclimate coral, they just float the bag for 15 minutes and drop them in and there are others I have been to that say "drip acclimate" everything. Both of these LFS are very good, well maintained LFS too...I...
  3. F

Torch dying?

I do have a peppermint shrimp but I have never noticed him digging in the torch and I've looked in in the tank all times of the day and night
  4. F

Torch dying?

Thanks guys...I will work on everything you said...no more dosing, more testing, and try target feeding
  5. F

Torch dying?

I don't really target feed my coral. I use Red Sea Reef Energy AB and I'm sure they filter out small pieces of mysis I feed to my fish
  6. F

Torch dying?

I will test my saltwater when I mix it...I do not have a stock, I mix it and let it sit for about 2-4 hours before adding to tank. Should I add some baking soda to raise the alk?
  7. F

Torch dying?

so, let me see if I did this right for my Alk level. Hopefully, I don't confuse you all: as I said, my Seachem test says meq/L = drops/2 I added 5 drops (to turn water yellow, as per instruction) 5/2=2.5 I searched for an alk calculator and this is what I found: 2.5 meq = 7 dhk = 125...
  8. F

Torch dying?

sorry, having difficulty uploading photo...ugh!!! Got pic of light up but the coral will not upload. Anyway, Mike, yes, I do a water change every weekend. It's a 10 gallon and I change 2 gallons out. Some have told me that's too much but the whole tank is doing great, except for this Torch. I...
  9. F

Torch dying?

By the way, here is the light I have: It's a hang-on LED, 20 lights, 10 blue, 10 white, 3 watts to equal 60 watts.
  10. F

Torch dying?

So here's what I got. I just tested my parameters and I am a little concerned because they have been higher, but tell me if I am ok: This is a 10G reef mix. Everything is doing great with LPS, SPS, softies, mushroom. All coral growing and spreading...Torch is the only issue Temp swings a...
  11. F

Torch dying?

No, the colors are the same...tentacles are pinkish with green tips, no algae growing on it. The tentacles just appear to have decreased in thickness a lot...I'll try to get pic up
  12. F

Torch dying?

anyone?
  13. F

Torch dying?

So, I've had my Torch for about 2 months and everything was great. For the past week, I have noticed it not fully extending and it appears to be getting smaller. This morning, I blew a little water at it with a turkey baster and little fleshy clumps (like 4 tentacles) seem to be separating from...
  14. F

maroon clownfish

I have a bonded pair of chocolate clowns and they are great together. Another thing, I would be careful with a carpet anemone hosting...I have read stories on other forums about carpet anemones eating fish. I am sure they were talking about a very big anemone, but be careful anyway