Search results

1. N

Aquiring the goods

I have finished the design for my 125g reef, now I need to start collecting everything that is needed. The plan calls for around 125# of rock. 115# of dry rock and 10# of live rock. What are the differences between the types live rock? Is one BETTER than another? Just because it is called...
  2. N

led setup for 125g long

i have been tossing around the idea of running leds but have no clue where to start. first on a 6 foot long tank at 20inches deep how many watts of power should i need to keep everyone happy? second i like diy. so where can i get kits for cheap for me to assemble.
  3. N

55g fuge questions

i am in the planing and design phase of a 125g long reef tank. the tank will have a 40g breeder as the sump that will house the skimmer and return pump, the fuge is next to plan out. i will be growing marco and just about any seaweed i can get my hands on. but here are some of the problems i am...
  4. N

info on skimmers

First thing, any difference in performance between in-sump or external protein skimmers. Secondly, when deciding on a skimmer how do you factor in the required size. Is it by aquarium or system capacity? In my situation that could be the difference between 375 gallons or 580 gallons. Third and...
  5. N

125g long reef

i know i can get all the info i need on the inter net from reading articles and what not, but would rather read it from actual ppl. from your experiences both good and bad. i am a cabinet builder so a custom stand to house all the plumbing and equipment is not an issue, but what exactly what all...
  6. N

hi everyone

hello everyone i am Eric, very experienced in tropical fish but completely green to saltwater. i have had and taken care of my own tanks since i was 7 and had them ever since. the tropical fish scene is getting boring and looking to start in to saltwater. i know i will need alot of equipment...