Search results

1. P

Steve's LEDs

UPDATE: switched the power supply and all worked well. I have now received a Meanwell S-201-24 which is working fine. It's fanless so it's clearly quieter than the original. It's not cut out on thermal overload inside my RSM130 cabinet yet but just in case, I have an old 3-speed120mm Antec PC...
  2. P

Steve's LEDs

DISASTER: My fan on Steve's S-200-24 power supply has been a bit noisy lately and today I heard a pop. I checked my year old supply - fuse blown. Fuse replaced and same again so the supply is now out of commission (and my LEDs). No idea if it was a cooling issue - just noticed the noise...
  3. P

Steve's LEDs

Has anyone used alternate power supplies to Steves 'own brand'? It performs well but wondered if anyone found a quieter one? I'll try repositioning it to reduce the number of times the fan kicks in but thought I'd check. I have the RSM130D retrofit and have the supply in the cabinet underneath.
  4. P

Steve's LEDs

If you need 4 independent channels you need to use both 2-channel outputs from the Apex and 2x 2-channel cables
  5. P

Steve's LEDs

Seem straightforward enough to move from Typhon to Apex. Jeff at Steves LEDs "Should you still choose to use the Apex, all you would need is the ACI which upgrades the Apex signal from 0-10V analog to digital PWM, for the digital LED electronics" ACI is the 30USD Aquarium Controller Interface...
  6. P

Steve's LEDs

I've been in and out of the thread in the last few months. My retrofit (Typhoon with dimmers and stock timer/moonlights) on my RSM 130 went well and still going strong. I'll be adding an Apex controller shortly - has anyone substituted a Typhoon for an Apex? Interested to know how it can be...
  7. P

How can I use APEX to integrate?

Ok so building on this, here are some possible loops...any feedback? pH linked to dosing (alk, Ca, Mg). Hi pH shuts off the doser and alarms. Feed setting - switch off recirc pumps for 10 minutes Water change setting - switch off ATO, off recirc pumps, off skimmer, off lights Substitute...
  8. P

Clown Help

Just wanted to give an update on this... My pair are still a pair and very happy mucking about in a fluffy leather coral all day long. The newcomer has stayed much smaller and the incumbent continues to grow, so it's clear who's the lady boss!
  9. P

How can I use APEX to integrate?

Well it looks like I'll be taking the plunge now the Schuko plug version is out for the EU. Trouble is, I have a few standalone systems and I'm not sure how I can set it up to justify the spend now. My kit RSM 130D with heater, Tunze 9002 skimmer and 2 x Eheim pumps running off the integrated...
  10. P

When can I replace my deceased hammer?

Thanks guys. Done the media change and will sort the general tank clean out too as suggested. Appreciate the advice. I have to confess I'm a little gutted. Can't stand seeing things die and especially not something as nice as my hammer was. A good clean out and I'll do some shopping at...
  11. P

When can I replace my deceased hammer?

I had a hammer coral suffer RTN last week which I suspect was initiated due to my own clumsiness hunting a crab (!). Iodine dips etc couldn't save it unfortunately and it was removed from the tank 4 days ago. Short question is, should I do anything to my tank before introducing a replacement...
  12. P

Hitchhiker crab - brown with spots!

Great stuff thanks a lot. I'd been suspicious as I'd lost some discosoma (and some of the rock it was on (!) and xoas - don't know if it was this fella but he gets the blame anyway. Will read more and probably take to my lfs. Cheers
  13. P

here you go... A better pic
  14. P

Hi folks Can't find any good pics identifying this fella. Must have been in my RSM 130 for a while and spotted him a couple of days ago. Apologies for the white balance. Will try to upload a better shot ASAP. He's mostly brown with a white spotty pattern on his back. Not hairy but has pointy...
  15. P

Clown Help

I've just introduced a second clown to my 7 month old DT (RSM130). I put him/her (!) in a small floating breeding tank for a few days and then released. No signs of aggression so far after 4 days together and both feeding well. As always, the advice is to choose the same type of clown (perc in...
  16. P

Dutch Shops - Belgium

Thanks to Reefingfun for this. I went over to Hustinx yesterday - about 50 minutes from me. Picked up a couple of coral from an impressive selection. My local fish shop is Histoire d'Eaux in Wavre and between the 2, I'm spoilt for choice. Finally managed to pick up a true perc after months of...
  17. P

Steve's LEDs

Me too. Went for it yesterday! After much procrastination I decided to go for 10 Neutral White with 12 Royal blue and 6 cool blue. There were a lot of opinions on line about colours and ratios. I saw threads discussing 2:1 blues to whites and 2:1 RB:CB so decided to go with it. Expensive with...
  18. P

Steve's LEDs

Done some more reading and its the same on the 130d as well. Thanks for that.
  19. P

Steve's LEDs

Just about to pull the trigger for my 130d. I like the moonlight effect. Is there a mode on the Typhon or do I need to keep my stock moonlights? If I need to keep my stock moonlights, can I simply leave the timer/moonlight circuit and wire StevesLEDs into the Typhon? A bit confused.
  20. P

RSM Temptation

Ok who is gonna start the sweepstake? A Mars bar says she goes for it...