Search results

1. J

Does the foot grow back or bounce back?

i wish my clowns hosted my kenya tree :mad: they dont host anything but my brain coral and damaged it i dont trust clowns with LPS corals as they have very soft tissues and sharp skeleton and when they puch down in the tissues it gets cut by its own skeleton :down:
  2. J

Porcelain crab hosting BTA

I first had the ane in the middle of the display tank then it move to a hole in my live rock,it was there for around a week with no light and no flow but then suddenly it move to the side of the tank and stay there ever since. try not to bother it or move it just let it pick its own spot.
  3. J

clowns can be fairly agressive to corals and mite kill your frogspawn i have two ocellaris clowns that hosted my open brain coral and almost killed it i had to put a cover for it to recover , but they never hosted my anemone?? thats when i bought a maroon clown he host right alway. if you were...
  4. J

Porcelain crab hosting BTA

my porcelain crab loves to be hugged all over by the ane and is always at the base (mouth) of the ane .so if its closing at first its just trying to get acustom to your crab. ane do move until they find a sweet spot
  5. J

i would save my money for a nice healthy one .. what kind of anemone is it ?
  6. J

Lessons learned 6 months old tank

it definetly needs to cycle completly and putting that many fish at once would not help. I would put one fish every other week .
  7. J

upgrading my tank any suggestions ??

the most important live stock for me is the tangs and my corals so i would put dose last . how long would you think it should take to cycle a 180 gal tank
  8. J

well some of my corals are already established in my live rock . so do you think by putting sand from my 55 gal would be good to cycle the 180 faster i have a whole bunch of cheato i can put in the sump as well. i was thinking of first setup the tank with the dead rock and sand with the cheato...
  9. J

Hi all, as you can see in my reef chronicles I’ve been having my 55 gal reef tank for around a year and a half. so now I got the opportunity to upgrade my tank to a nice 180 gal its coming with dry rock , sand , sump , controller and everything I need for the tank. I just need some suggestions...
  10. J

April's TOTM!

congrats diana just remember i voted for you :apimp:
  11. J

SNAKEHEAD!! I want YOU! lol

hey this fish is right in maryland , im hunting some snakeheads tonight LOL
  12. J

New bubble tip

it looks like you have the same anemone that i have its a rose bubble tip with the green base just look at my reef chronicle and can see pics ... what kind of clowns do you have cuz i bought some percula clowns and they never like my anemone but when i bought my maroon he quickly got into the...
  13. J

New bubble tip

its normal for the anemone to hide . when i frist got my anemone it hid in the back of a rock for more than a week and then suddenly came out and has stay in his spot for a year and split 3 times already just be patient it will come out soon and find i good location .. oh and i have never feed...
  14. J

Feeding fish during tank blackout.

when i did a black out i never feed my fish for 3 days i think they should be fine without feeding them .. i think it will just add more nutrients to your tank and will take longer for the dinos to go away .. its hard to not see your tank for 3 days but once you open the cover and see your tank...
  15. J

My 150 gal Reef Tank

nice setup ..i wish i live close to the ocean ..FREE ROCK FREE SAND what else can you ask for LOL ..
  16. J

My 55 Gal Reef tank !! look at the pics

thanks i used my phone camera, witch is not that good but my corals came out looking great
  17. J

What is this stuff and how to get rid of it

it looks like dinoflagelites to me... clear as much as you can and do a 3 day no lights. This should help
  18. J

got some new pics of my corals and fish ENJOY this is my rose bubble tip anemone split 3 time already this is my hammer coral getting really big my blue tang looking pretty as ever his getting big also and the neon green candy coral nice ocean view of the corals and yellow tang...
  19. J

Vacuuming a sand bed or not That is my question

i have not vacume my sand has been for more than a year and my tank is doing great the depth is around 3-4'' ... i have many critters that reside in my sand so dont want to mess with it . i just realized that i havent been doing any water changes for the past 2 month but my tank is still looking...
  20. J

Got it !,thanks .. I was using my work computer i guess it filter it out just got some nice pics of my tank hit the links i dont know how to put the extact picture on the page. they changed their settings in the forum ??? this is a pic of my montipora when i got it .. just to show you...