Search results

1. Elizabeth94

Ecotech Radion Question

The tank is a standard 29gallon from aqueon. The light is about eight inches over the waterline but I wanted to add sps so I was going to increase my tank from 30% to at least 45% before I do so. I'll have to go in their forum. It is so annoying though. The lights will program to my customized...
  2. Elizabeth94

Ecotech Radion Question

I have the Ecotech Radion Gen 2 and I LOVE it. However, I just plugged my radion into my computer because I wanted to increase the percent of my lighting so I will eventually be at 100%. When I plugged it into my computer it changed the schedule completely to what I believe is the factory...
  3. Elizabeth94

BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

WOW, this tank is phenomenal. Looks like I will be spending the next hour reading through this whole thread :P
  4. Elizabeth94

Radion light not enough.......

I would have to agree with the others. I too have a gen 2 radion and love the look it brings. I agree that since you are in the hobby this far you may as well invest in something you will be happy with long term.
  5. Elizabeth94

Time for First SPS?

I do not dose anything in my tank. The water I use is from my coral supply store and that is what their water tests as. I went to the store today and looked at the corals. They have so much there and it was extremely hard to pick what I wanted. I was looking at the sps but decided it wasn't time...
  6. Elizabeth94

Time for First SPS?

Great, thanks for all of your advice. I am getting a new coral tomorrow and if I see a monticap frag that is cheap ill get it but Ill probably get another LPS coral. I am also looking into lobos but I don't think I have enough space for one of them when they grow, and I am pretty sure I read...
  7. Elizabeth94

Time for First SPS?

My local stores didn't have alkalinity test at the time. I am working on building up my tests but I'm a broke college student haha. Will the high calcium really be a problem?
  8. Elizabeth94

Time for First SPS?

Should I Drop it down to 79 or 78? I did think the calcium was high but I know no way of lowering it besides adding corals that would consume it (im still a newb). I have the I have the ecotech radion gen2 (which I researched like heck) and found it can support an sps tank with no additional...
  9. Elizabeth94

Time for First SPS?

My tank is going to turn three months old tomorrow and I have three corals so far. 1 Florida orange ricordea mushroom, 1 devils hand coral (which is shedding atm), and one frogspawn coral with two heads which seems to be doing great. I am wondering is it is too early to get a beginner sps coral...
  10. Elizabeth94

Leather coral ID

I figured it was a devils hand but as a new hobbiest I couldn't be sure. However I did know it wasn't a toadstool bc of shape. It is still open and happy as far as I can tell. I'll give it a couple weeks before I pick up my thir coral. Probably a hammer or frogspawn :)
  11. Elizabeth94

Leather coral ID

It wasn't open because I had just put it in the tank a minute before the picture. It has been fully open after ten mins of being placed in there. I think it's very happy :) I figured a pick of it when it was closed would show the shape better
  12. Elizabeth94

29gal Build

Its been a while since I have posted an update of my first reef aquarium. Last month I bought a nice ricordea mushroom and it has settled in great. Its very vibrant and happy. Today I picked up a devils hand leather coral that really adds life to the tank. I acclimated for an hour and after ten...
  13. Elizabeth94

Leather coral ID

hmm. The only reason I was thinking otherwise is because it has no "fingers" in the middle. Idk why it looks blue in the picture but its really a pinkish color.
  14. Elizabeth94

Leather coral ID

Hey guys, this is my second coral ever. It was labeled as a leather coral but it didn't say the exact type. Any advice? Top without polyp extension Base The polyps are coming out and they are reddish brown with white tips
  15. Elizabeth94

29gal Build

It has been a while since my last post so here is how my tank is doing.. I picked up a ricordea mushroom last week that is purple and orange. It is doing very well so far. My coral beauty angelfish had a bite mark when I bought her and unfortunately she succumbed to a bacterial infection despite...
  16. Elizabeth94

29gal Build

My clowns are doing great and I also picked up my final fish last week. Its a coral beauty angelfish. I know what the potential dangers are in keeping this fish but I am willing to give it a try. I was wondering if there are any corals that would do well in a new tank with 30ppm nitrates? I...
  17. Elizabeth94

heater recommendation

Personally I do not recommend the "Finnex" brand with the controllers. That is what I run and have several digital thermometers in the tank and the heaters controller is a couple of degrees off from what it really is. I had to set my controller to 76 degrees to keep it at 80. Four degrees is...
  18. Elizabeth94

29gal Build

The coral banded shrimp was dead this morning.. He seemed to be a weak specimen at the store too since he stayed in one spot the whole time.. I acclimated him for 1 1/2 hours by drip method. I have decided to wait on the inverts until I get my protein skimmer and biopellets in my reactor. I am...
  19. Elizabeth94

29gal Build

I am sure people are lurking in the shadows of this thread so I still feel inclined to give small updates even if it just tracks my progress. Ever since I was little I have always loved the coral banded shrimp. I have done much research on them and know what the possible risks are in a reef tank...
  20. Elizabeth94

Edd's 55 gal/First salt tank ever.

I couldnt help but notice the toilet drawn on the glass..