Search results

1. AC273

Carpet Help

I rescued a carpet anemone from Petco. I told myself I wasn't going to do it, because it would just support their bad business practices, but after two weeks they had it 50% off because it looked horrible so I figured they had learned their lesson. I brought it home and put it under my Cree...
  2. AC273

CUC in sump?

Title says it all. Built my first sump/fuge thingy.... (I say thingy because I had to get creative with the size contraints of my stand.) The middle chamber has about a 1" sand bed with flame algae. My question is, Does this area need a CUC? It seems to collect quite a bit of stuff and...
  3. AC273

So I was forgetful... ID Help

Normally I have a better memory, but I spent a lot of time at the LFS picking out a number of corals to fill in the voids in my tank and provide some variety. Most of them I know exactly what they are, but a few of them I spaced off during the drive home and can't remember what they are...
  4. AC273

Tesla Svelte LED's

Anyone have any experience with these lights? I have mainly soft, LPS, and care free SPS (Birdsnest), which seem to be doing great under 110 watts of T5HO right now. My tank is 48" long x 24" deep and two of these look like they would do the job, but I haven't been able to find many reviews...
  5. AC273

Lighting Crossroads

I have a 60g (48" long, 24" deep, 13" wide) It currently has Frogspawn, Xena, Duncans, Disk, Acan, Favia, Birdnest, metallic trumpet, candycane, two Zoa colonies, and mushrooms. All are doing very well under a twin T5 fixture. (they are all centered on the light and deepest is placed at 14")...
  6. AC273

Hitch hiker Help

I have had a FOWLR tank for 12+ years, but am new (6months) to the reef tank experience. I have some new critters in my reef that I have not see in my fish only tank. I believe these came in on my corals, but am not sure if they are harmful or not. If they are, there are a low enough number of...
  7. AC273

Howdy

Have had Fish WTR for 10+ years, and recently moved into a reef system, so I figured I should find some people with some expertise in case I get in over my head. :)