Search results

1. Parisian

Anyone with an S series upgrade to the new LEDs?

I have upgraded my S400 3 weeks ago, the acclimatation program is ending today. I have ordered 3 led modules instead of 2, and I think it makes a difference. So far I am happy with it, the color setup provided by RedSeaKev looks great. I don't see any difference on my corals, the only difference...
  2. Parisian

MAX LED Lighting

RedSeaKev provides a readymade program: you just have to send him an email. Once you have the file, you just need to upload it, the colors are excellent.
  3. Parisian

Red Sea LED lights - Lunar settings

This is also what I figured out, but I just sometimes doubt ...
  4. Parisian

Red Sea LED lights - Lunar settings

I have tried it, and it seems to work only if you setup a value. I have tried with 3% of Royal Blue. A more precise manual of the interface would be quite useful, I am not sure I am using it properly, particularly the acclimatation program.
  5. Parisian

MAX LED Lighting

I have ordered mine for my RSM 400, but I am a quite annoyed. I think 2 modules are insufficient, so I have ordered a 3rd one, which I have to pay € 430 ($ 490). For 3 modules that means I have to pay € 1,455 ($ 1,657), which is even more expansive than the 3 module kit for the RSM 500 here in...
  6. Parisian

My noisy s max 400

I also found the stock skimmer too noisy, and difficult to adjust. The Bubble King mini series are perfectly quiet, though expansive. The mini 160 is enough for the RSM 400. I have a mini 200 slim version, which is oversized, but allows low nutrients.
  7. Parisian

New Skimmer?

Bubble King mini 200 is a great skimmer, absolutely quiet, and the [U]slim version[U] exactly fits the footprint of the stock skimmer, after having removed the shelf. I have been using it for almost a year now and I do not regret it, though it is expansive.
  8. Parisian

Parisian's RSM 400

The only thing I added is an algea scrubber, I think it really helps to keep low nutrient levels, although I give a lot of food to my LPS. Otherwise I just maintain Ca and KH through the Balling method.
  9. Parisian

Parisian's RSM 400

No big change in my tank lately, corals are slowly growing ... [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG]
  10. Parisian

Spare parts outside the US

I am going to do that right away. Thank you Diana.
  11. Parisian

Spare parts outside the US

Hi, yesterday I cleaned the main valve of my Max S, and since then it makes awful noise. The spare part is not available on any website un Europe. I found a coupe of sites in the US having it, but they do not ship outside of the US. Does anyone know a website able to do that ?
  12. Parisian

August's TOTM!

Congrats, superb tank !
  13. Parisian

DianaKay's RSM 250

+1 this is definitely bryopsis. I wish you can find lettuce nudibranches, they are really efficient and this is a natural remedy, no risk for your tank. They are very small (1/2"), do not hesitate to introduce several of them, according to the density of bryopsis. Besides they are so cute...
  14. Parisian

July's TOTM!

Congrats, I love the colors of your tank !
  15. Parisian

Chillers: is it OK to unplug it in the middle of a cooling cycle ?

IMO it needs to be decalcified once a year. I use vinegar diluted in RO water, with a small pump.
  16. Parisian

Chillers: is it OK to unplug it in the middle of a cooling cycle ?

Whether the compressor is cut by the thermostat or manually, it probably doesn't make any difference. I often do that.
  17. Parisian

DianaKay's RSM 250

I used to have bryopsis in my tank: I introduced 3 slugs tridachia crispata, they ate all bryopsis within 2 weeks.
  18. Parisian

█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

Wrangy you are very brave: I also love face to face with my strombus, but I never dared confessing it ... I have a dozen of them, 6 small and 6 large (almost 2"). A dollar urchin is also à good addition, though they really mess up everything, not only the sand. Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide...
  19. Parisian

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

That seems quite weak ... With leds It is often advised to count 0.7 to 0.8W per liter, at least for SPS. Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
  20. Parisian

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

Interesting, it shows they have something ready for the S series.