Search results

1. S

72 Gallon Bowfront

Hello, We are moving and I have decided to get out of the saltwater hobby for awhile. The system is currently up and running and would like to sell as a whole package but if no takers, am willing to part out. I have owned the system for 6 years and it has been a FWLR setup the entire time...
  2. S

Mag Drive 1200, impeller or cooked pump?

Hello All, Hope someone can help me out here. I have a Mag Drive 1200 pump that is immersed in my refugium. It is approximately 5 years old. While it has not failed, I have recently noticed a significant reduction in output. What I used to be able to pump with my ball valve at 1/2 closed, I...
  3. S

Peyssonnelia?? brown ring algea

I am having issues with a ring-like soft brown algae on my rock. Am I identifying this correctly as Peyssonnelia? It even extends off the rock with small "pads" that can be broken off. Sticks very hard to the rock but can be scraped off. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to rid my tank of...
  4. S

blue hippo missing color

Can anyone tell me why my blue hippo is mossing color around his eyes? Almost transparent in the area.
  5. S

Dissolve organics on surface for those with refugium

I have found no easy way of getting rid of the dissolved organics (oil slick) that accumulate on the surface other than cleaning it off the sides of the tank during weekly water changes. (sticks to the walls as water level goes down) I have a Remora C skimmer that resides in my refugium but...
  6. S

Broke my Aqua C Remora %#$@!

A couple of days ago I decided to clean my Remora C. Removed the pump, opened it up, cleaned the parts, done! Hmmm that was easy, hey! I bet there's all sorts of junk in the up tube. Look... it has mating line, I bet these pieces just come right apart. SNAP! Oh snap.:eek: Broke the up/return...
  7. S

New charges

Hi All, Thought I'd share my photos and excitement for my three new charges I brought home this afternoon. (first fish to enter tank) So far so good! Red Scooter Blenny Six Line Wrasse Shy Royal Gramma
  8. S

Should I be using additives?

I have a 72 gal tank that I am just starting up. It currently only has 100 lbs of rock in it, the rock is in it's nititre stage of cycling. I do not plan on adding corals or anything to the rock for some time. Are their any additives that I should be adding to help aid the algae on the rock...
  9. S

Shout out to the community

Wanted to give a hello to all. Just started into the saltwater hobby, have had freshwater tanks in the past. Currently have a 72 gallon bowfront with a 30 gallon sump. Just went thru a very stressful week in my life! Curing rock! Ammonia is finally down after 1-1/2 week, now watching the...