Search results

1. Rogue97gtp

DIY HOB Fuge idea

I have been thinking about using an old skilter ::shudders:: for a mini-refugium. I have a 10 gal sump but no real room to make a fuge in there due to the size of my skimmer, so I decided to use the crappy skilter that I bought years ago and put some Chaeto in there. I have the water being piped...
  2. Rogue97gtp

Got it going!

Went and picked up the new tank and rock from a guy who was selling it. Got home and got it all up and running. It is a 29 gal which came with sand and about 40lbs of LR. Came with one hermit crab, one blue green chromis, a couple snails and one cleaner shrimp. The shrimp died this morning, I...
  3. Rogue97gtp

What a wonderful start!!

After a long long time of getting equipment to get my 30 gal started I finally got the substrate in the tank (no LR yet), full of SW, got water flowing to my 10gal sump underneath, everything is going well until i wake up the next morning to find some water in the floor, I figured the problem...
  4. Rogue97gtp

About to start soon....

I have a 30 gal tank sitting and waiting for me to get started on it. I have decided to go with a FOWLR setup for now then move up to a reef system as I upgrade the tank. I currently have a whisper power filter right now and will be working on getting the rest (protein skimmer, heater, etc.)...
  5. Rogue97gtp

New to reef hobby

Hey guys. I am about to start my journey towards this hobby. I have done tropical fish as well as cichlids (African and South American). Ive basically become burned out on freshwater fish and would like to go another route. I like that just about everything in a reef tank is alive and the...