Search results

1. adresher

Chiller Part Help-Current

Need the two pressure parts on top of a current 1/10 chiller that screw on...seems like no one has then and they are all back ordered.....How do I get them
  2. adresher

Cycle Question

Running through cycle of of new tank and it has been a while since I had to do this since 1st tank has been up for a while. Tank is a 45 gl...sand bottom ( not Live Sand), I have about 20 lbs of live rock both natural and man made. I used some of the water from my other tank and I wrung out...
  3. adresher

PH queston

90g reef and PH stays pretty stable at 8.2. This weekend in went up to 8.7 and has been slowly coming back to normal. What could cause this spike? The only change to the tank this weekend was that I put in a new small piece of live rock. Tank has been very stable for a few years and just...
  4. adresher

Can I go without a protein skimmer

I have a 90 gallon Reef tank and all my level/parameters are great with very little algae and nitrates are basically 0. Currently I do have a skimmer which my wife refers to as the "iron lung"! It is an MRC that is outside ofside of the sump. I am running a UV sterializer and in my wet/dry...
  5. adresher

Micro-Brittle Stars

Does anyone know where I can buy some micro brittle stars as when I had a tank crash I lost all of mine and now that tank is up again I woud love to get some.
  6. adresher

sea anemone

Added sea anemone to tank last night and it was doing great...went to check on it this morning to see how it did though out the night and found that it was all expanded like it filled itself with water....thoughts?
  7. adresher

sea anemone

Question: Bought sea anemone last night and he was doing great but this morning he seems as though he is all filled with water...Is this normal?
  8. adresher

Medusa worm update

Put medusa worm in my tank Sunday...came home from work tonight and all fish dead..........No idea what happened...can only surmise someone tried to bite it and it released toxins...cannot find it.....total devistation...atleast 30 fish gone......STAY AWAY from then...do not buy
  9. adresher

Medusa Worm

Does anyone have any experience with Medusa worms?
  10. adresher

??? Blenny

Anyone have any experience with a pike blenny?
  11. adresher

PET GOODS...Can I *****

Went to Pet Goods tonight t oget some dog bones and wondered over to the fish department....The worker was working with this guy and his son and the son was asking about green mandarin...the clerk says ..oh those are great fish and not too hard to keep...are you kidding me, I had to speak...
  12. adresher

Vertex Media

Question: Was at the LFS today and they showed me a Vertex unit that had this special media that you add to the unit and it is suppose to create a bacteria that feeds on nitrates and sulfates and eliminates them from the tank...has anyone heard of this?? A bag of these media is very expensive...
  13. adresher

Suggestions??

I have an area of my tank 90g reef) behind rock that I dont get circulation to but I can see it. The substrate has a coating over it and I need to get it moving. I really don't want to redo rock-work and my power heads or returns cannot reach back there. Will snails take care of...
  14. adresher

Coral.....Help

Is there a good link that explains the difference between the different types of corals.....Example SPS, vs. ????......Sorry but what does SPS stand for
  15. adresher

Lighting.....?

Ok...couple of questions....Thinking of buying this new LED light and the questions I have is does it matter how high over the tank I suspend the light? Also will the light penertate the glass top affectively as I have to have the top on to prevent evaporation and I have a blue Dot that loves...
  16. adresher

Barnacles

I recently saw an add for live barnacles on the internet.....Are these safe/desired for a reef tank?
  17. adresher

Sea Fans

ok lost my last sea fan when we got a big storm here in the north east and back up only kept power to tank on for 3 hours and it was off for more then 30.....Lost lots of fish and corals....Rebuild is in process and need/want to replace sea fan. Anyone know someone that has them.....tried all...
  18. adresher

LED Lights

LFS just got in a new light system...Don't have alot of info but it is LED...48inch...price is approx. $1,500...Illumagic...anyone have any thoughts...will this do as well as MH? Its got a really cool controller that allows you to change spectrum......Trying to make decision!!! You can see the...
  19. adresher

magnesium

Can adding magnesium to your tank lower the PH?
  20. adresher

General question

90 gallon reef tank and recently I have solved alot of problems by adding a chiller and an auto top off. What a difference I so recomend both! But here is a question and I am affraid it is a very basic one. Nitrate level appears high as the test strip is very dark red but nitrites are...