Search results

1. Imperator

New oceanic salt

I haven't tried it as I'm tankless at the moment but I'll tell you it is being sold to LFSs for 45% off and their buying tons.I'm taking orders for stores all over the southeast.(I work at a big wholesaler) So haggle away!!!
  2. Imperator

Missing Dottyback - the saga continues.....

Oh boy. The best LFS in the world is going to occasionally sell a fish their "Iffy" about.Believe me I was on that end for 18 years and it happens,most of the time with new arrivals.The fish come in look great and a few are sold right off the bat and the next day 1/2 of them are dead.Now you...
  3. Imperator

You have to remember this is a hobby.No one shouldn't go hungry or put off buying diapers, for a fish or any other luxury item. Anyone who has kept any kind of fish or animal knows what your going through.It's part of the hobby.
  4. Imperator

LOL! Check Out This Ebay Listing

I don't know what ya did wrong mine's still going strong,even eats the shrimp without the cocktail sauce.
  5. Imperator

Well he tipped his hand by saying it looked funny. Don't ask for money back as retailers don't like to hear that.They'd rather give you something of equal value. Play on sympathies and don't get arguementive and you'll make out fine if the guy is any kind of businessman.
  6. Imperator

I don't know,there were people that ACTUALLY bid on that bike.
  7. Imperator

If you were small and tasty and flouresent purple,you'd be good at hiding too. Their one of my favorites and I feel your pain but if he is hiding,rocking everyone's world isn't going to make him settle in any faster and knowing for sure isn't going to bring him back. Also you're stressing...
  8. Imperator

Orchid Dottyback Question

I added a trio of them and didn't think any of them made it until a week later;)
  9. Imperator

The keywords he used made my day;) Some of these fake listings are hysterical.
  10. Imperator

Good Morning RS!

Morning all. I checked out one of the better Reef stores in the area yesterday.They seemed low on stock but did have a decent selection of corals and a nice setup.Nothing really knocked my socks off in the SPS dept but they had stuff that most LFSs don't have. A few fish caught my eye.A...
  11. Imperator

Good Morning RS!

Morning all.64 now and looking at 77 later on. Gina,Rest them eyes girl;) Mont,Feel better man. Think I'm gonna go down to the river and toss some worms;)
  12. Imperator

lets all help montanareefer

If any of this falls through,I'll check on another Seachem pinnacle I spied in the warehouse. I've have one in the office for myself and I don't know what their gonna charge me but it's a non-stock item,Probably a song.In the computer I can't even get a price;) My girl 's company is a UPS...
  13. Imperator

Coral ID Please / Fire coral ?

Yes!! Chili coral. The things were everywhere years ago.
  14. Imperator

Tank Size

I'll never again have a tank deeper than 24",I aint a tall bloke;)
  15. Imperator

Good Morning RS!

Morning. Cold for FL 45 or something:) Gina,You'll be fine,No worries.
  16. Imperator

Coral ID Please / Fire coral ?

Damn,I've had it but am drawing a blank. Red cactus or something and I can't ever remember getting anymore specific than that.
  17. Imperator

Algae Question?

No I know what your saying and debate IS fun;) Any fish keeping experience carrys over.From a goldfish in a bowl to bettas to guppies to the more exotics and then ending up here.We all carrying baggage from those experiences(both good and bad).I was more saying about algae issues where you...
  18. Imperator

Algae Question?

Naw,I wasn't flaming ya bro. Alot of time people carry over their experiences with FW to reefs. That 110 of ours woulda been pea soup if we had cichlids in there.
  19. Imperator

Levels of expertise at reefkeeping

And I'll be 40 in April;)
  20. Imperator

Algae Question?

Maybe a dumb observation but we spend how many dollars trying to replicate the spectrum and intensity of the sun and your trying to keep out light? If your water quality is up to snuff I wouldn't worry too much.Algae needs food to feed. Our 110 in the store I used to manage got 2-3 hours...