Search results

1. P

Small FOWLR tank. Need advise

Edited by Dex
  2. P

Small FOWLR tank. Need advise

..the lil' Tobie would be an awesome choice. :)
  3. P

ID this coral? thing please

Hydroids?
  4. P

Get Well Soon Witfull!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take Care, Dex
  5. P

Thank You!

Thanks guys! I will probably go with two Lions if getting Dwarf Zebras or Antennata's ...but if I end up with a Russell or Volitan, will be picking a Blue Hippo Tang or a Foxface to share the tank with. My Trigger is very placid and I'm inclined to keep him, but a Lion's fins just may be too...
  6. P

Thank You!

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the knowledge base... there is alot of info to be had from there. In the near future I will be breaking down my nano and moving my 75 fowlr into my den, which would be a good time for me to get a fish that I've always wanted...a lion...
  7. P

OT: Just had to tell y'all....

To be honest with you, I don't spend much time on any aquarium boards anymore. The tanks still bring me much enjoyment...just don't talk about them on the internet these days. After years away from Bodybuilding, getting out of shape, herniating some discs and reaching middle age....I am back to...
  8. P

OT: Just had to tell y'all....

Happy Hollidays! I have not posted here for sometime, so some of you have never heard of me and yet others won't remember.....Merry Christmas anyway! later, Dex
  9. P

My Ten Gal.

Just a quick thought...I think someone has a substrate that is like 50/50 arag and black....anyone know what I'm talking about?
  10. P

My Ten Gal.

I have not had any trouble with it...It has no buffering capabilities,though. I am currently not dosing anything and just changing out a gallon a week. I really don't need to add Ca. anyway. There are quite a few Black Sand Nanos out there @ the moment...I haven't heard much either way on it...
  11. P

My Ten Gal.

Thanks for the kind words everybody! It means alot as I almost gave up the hobby recently due to a NASTY bout with hair algae. When it got to the point that I didn't care anymore, the algae started dying off...go figure? I did shake up the tank and make some changes.
  12. P

My Ten Gal.

I need to work on my photo skills! This is closer, but some of the corals are washed out in the photo. My clown decided to aggravate my Nepthea to boot!
  13. P

My Ten Gal.

Hey All, I think I finally may have won the war with hair algae. This is only my second time posting a pic....I'm not Joe photographer either :D At least y'all know I have a tank now!
  14. P

avoid coralsandbar.com

I have done business with Rob on two occasions, each time he was easy to work with and I got more than I expected. thanks Rob! It was cool that One Eye came back and posted a follow up rather than just leaving the negative post. Good job dude!
  15. P

Issues with RS

I am glad that a thread like this finally happened, and more importantly that it is being handled with maturity. To you former NR JCT people: I apologize for calling you out in my "thus Begins the downward spiral" thread. I don't think I helped boost your popularity any by doing so. The NR...
  16. P

I'M Bare Bottom

I have been doing alot of reading on DSB's this week in hopes to gain insight on the hair algae beast... tired of fighting it! I'm no quitter, but reefing is supposed to be fun right? I recently moved up from a 5.5 to a 10 gal. There was about 6# of new rock added and a new sand...
  17. P

where to buy corals

Although Rob does not currently have alot of larger LPS pieces, he can probably get some stuff together for you. It might be worth shooting an e-mail his way? http://www.coralsandbar.com
  18. P

What is my Caulerpa doing?

I missed that! I thought you were talking about the "grapes" turning white. hmmm? could be a warning sign. Mine has NOT done that.
  19. P

What is my Caulerpa doing?

How often do you prune it back? Mine has done that, but after I cut back on pruning it. I think it is just die off...mine has never gone sexual after appearing that way.
  20. P

..And thus begins the downward spiral!

Y'all are gonna have to quit posting in this thread, yer crankin' up my karma! I have not posted for a while and the last i noticed my karma was 26...now it is 31! maybe that is supposed to be a - 31? Not to diappoint too many people, but "Hey I'm back!" I like this place...can I hang around...