Search results

1. Henryw25

Copper treatment fails?

About a week and a half ago, I started the copper treatment to get rid of a parasite... or what I thought was a parasite... Everything seemed to be going okay. The hospital tank they were getting the treatment in seemed to be spot on. The copper levels were settling around 5 tenths. The pH...
  2. Henryw25

what fish is this guys?

What is it's size? If it's 3-5 inches it could be an engineer goby? Here is a pic of mine: Sorry about the blur, he's a fast swimmer!
  3. Henryw25

Copper treatment questions

Agreed, I got my fish into the hospital tank just now. Thanks for all the help!
  4. Henryw25

I know patience is the key in this hobby, but are there any shortcuts around the absence of fish in the host tank for 8 weeks?
  5. Henryw25

Wow what an improvement! My fish are, -2 ocellaris clowns -1 purple dottyback -1 engineer goby All but the engineer goby are obviously infected by the parasite, I decided to treat the goby bc he could also be a host. The reason I blame the store, is that all their fish flash and have...
  6. Henryw25

Wow I didn't know it could be so bad from one parasite. That's frustrating especially jumping right into the hobby. I'm never buying fish from that pet store again lol. I put a bit of sand in there right before I read your post. Will this be alright or will I need to start over? Also, even if...
  7. Henryw25

Thanks for the replies! Does anyone know what hosts a parasite? The only reason I really was treating the host tank was that I was afraid the parasite would remain in the host's water. I can quarantine them in a 10 gallon, and do a few large water changes in the mean time. Does that sound...
  8. Henryw25

Unfortunately all the fish I bought from one of the two of my LFS's all have a parasite. Which means, here comes the copper treatment. Due to the length of time a copper treatment takes, I can not do a QT. Which means, bye bye invertebrates :( . I will most likely be getting trade in value for a...
  9. Henryw25

Henryw25's 40 Gallon Breeder Diary

Will do
  10. Henryw25

Thanks! I do, most likely in 6 months to a year. Not only am I going to wait for the live rock to prepare, but I also need time to improve my experience level. I can't wait for that time though! Haha
  11. Henryw25

Hello, everyone! I've been on for a while talking about my tank, but I haven't actually made a journal. So I thought it was time. At the time of the writing of this post, the tank has almost finished it's starting cycles. I've had it for a couple months now. Starting equipment: -1 Aqueon...
  12. Henryw25

Oh no! Fish Crisis! Will he be okay?

It doesn't look like he's going to make it. :'( I tried my best. Poor guy. RIP
  13. Henryw25

Oh no! Fish Crisis! Will he be okay?

My chalk bass had a gill parasite, so I decided to give him a fresh water dip. I did the usuals and matched temperatures and de-chlorinated, I tried to transport him, but he kept hiding inside rocks and plants. I finally got fed up of trying and didn't want to stress the other fish by swinging...
  14. Henryw25

D. J.'s 40 gallon breeder reef

I didn't fully read that first post with the info until now, sorry about that! Are you liking or having any issues with the rock?
  15. Henryw25

D. J.'s 40 gallon breeder reef

Wow! I love that rock! I was looking for something similar for my 40 gal breeder. Could you tell me some info about this rock? And welcome to RS!!
  16. Henryw25

Can you feed shrimp...with shrimp in the tank?

Sounds good! Thanks for the answer!
  17. Henryw25

Can you feed shrimp...with shrimp in the tank?

I am considering it! Haha. He's big enough to take off one of his claws.
  18. Henryw25

Tail Spot Blenny.

Great name! Another photo sharing app for iPhone to try is Shutterfly. I don't have an iPhone to test it out on, but I just wanted to throw ideas out for you. It's also another one like Photobucket that gives you the option to share on another website. Good luck!
  19. Henryw25

Retired

Welcome and congratulations on your retirement! You have definitely found a great, if not, the best place for an active marine community. Welcome! :)
  20. Henryw25

nice to meet you all

Welcome! We share a similar story. I was also a freshwater collector and I jumped into salt water with a 40 gallon breeder. You came to the right place!