Search results

1. Thorny

RO Water

Gotcha. Ok, so I read here in the forums someones problems with hair algae, (i have the same problem) and someone recommended "phosban" to help with the phosphates. So i checked into the phosphate reactors, with one of those would I still need RO water?
  2. Thorny

RO Water

Ahhhhh thanks. I'll get the RO system tomorrow. So then will I still need to let the water sit w/pump to remove all that other stuff, or is RO water all I need?
  3. Thorny

RO Water

I've posted before regarding the phosphate probs in my tank from using tap water, soooooo I've checked into an RO filter/system and am thinking of buying one; however, I heard from a friend of a friend that if you fill a 5 gallon bucket and run a pump in there for 48 hours it performs the RO. So...
  4. Thorny

Brown Slimy Filter

Ok so when I top off the water which is apporx 5 gals, I use the salt mixture and let it run for 24 hrs w/powerhead. I've only had to do 1 water change when my NO3's sky rocketed. (tested water super red) I'll check into some tongs. I'll check into the other stuff you all have recommended. I...
  5. Thorny

Brown Slimy Filter

I have about 40 lbs of live rock. As far as filter, there is a canister hanging on the back, however has no information to what it is. I've attached a picture, not sure that helps. I will start using probably distilled water, or RO if it isn't too expensive. My question is, the person that sold...
  6. Thorny

Hey All

Thanks everyone. I just feel like such a dope sometimes, because I've always heard how much time and knowledge saltwater tanks require, and here I am, knowing nothing about them and now have this huge (to me its huge) set up that I have very little knowledge about. Ok, I'm topping off 1 time...
  7. Thorny

Brown Slimy Filter

Sweet, thanks for the response, I already feel like things will "be ok" *smiles* Ok, I do the water changes all at one. (will start doing smaller more often). The filter is an Aquaruim Systems Maxi-Jet 1200, MP1200 120vac-60Hz/20w. (whatever all that means). I feed once a day 1 pinch. I am...
  8. Feather_Dusters

Feather_Dusters

9. Brown Serpent Starfish

Brown Serpent Starfish

10. Candy_Coral

Candy_Coral

11. Mushrooms

Mushrooms

12. Tank shot

Tank shot

13. Thorny

Brown Slimy Filter

Ok, so a friend sells me a 35 gal, saltwater tank, tells me they are "NO" trouble at all, (no previous experience) blah blah blah.......$250.00 others say was a steal. 2 months down the road UGHHH I need help. My water is evaporating quickly, I'm having to add 5 gals a week. My filter gets...
  14. Thorny

Hey All

Hey everyone, My name is Marie and I just may be the biggest "sucker" in NM right now. *smiles* A friend (I think) told me she had 2 salt water aquariums, a 125 gal., and a 35 gal. She said she wanted to get rid of the small one and if I wanted it. First reaction.........HECK NO!!!! Then she...