Search results

1. B

Heating Issues

Nice looking tank burning2nd. Will enjoy watching it progress over time. T5's I understand are a good choice in keeping high demanding specimens, not to mention the cost factor over MH's. Keep us all posted on your 30g and thanks for the encouraging words. I've decided to hold off on my...
  2. B

Heating Issues

Thanks burning2nd for your post. No hard feelings. Wishing you the best as well. Because I am new to this hobby, it is not easy to decide which set-up is best for me in relation to the things that I have brought up concerning my particular situation. As I gain new information each day or so...
  3. B

Heating Issues

Witfull: Your right. I don't normally come off so harshly. I just didn't care for the rude statement from burning2nd at the end of his post. The remark that he made, implied that I wasn't getting the gist of what others were saying. I should of just said.... "please go back and read my first...
  4. B

Heating Issues

That last post of mine was for burning-up, not you blue. Thank you for your post.
  5. B

Heating Issues

That is why I was asking the questions about the ambient room temp, air coolers, etc., slick. Go back and read my first two posts again.
  6. B

Heating Issues

Thanks for the responses. I really would like to purchase that 28g JBJ but am having second thoughts on it. I realize bigger is better, but I will probably go with the 12g for now. It will cost me half the money. But more importantly is my situation. Limited space, the heating issue (the 28g...
  7. B

Heating Issues

Square footage is less than 200 feet. The AC unit that I have currently is in my wall not the window. My best choice is a supplement, that being the $150 air cooler. I believe this will do it. With all due respect, where is the expertise in this forum? None of my questions were answered about...
  8. B

Heating Issues

The place that I have is a rental and I'm certainly not going to invest in a $400 A/C unit. But I came up with an idea that is much cheaper than a chiller or A/C unit and makes much more sense. A portable swamp/air cooler that goes for around $100-$150. It is said that they can bring down the...
  9. B

Heating Issues

Hi all: Haven't posted in a couple of weeks because I've been doing my research on nano tanks. After looking and comparing different size tanks with which to go with, I finally decided to go with an all-in-one tank. That being the new 28g JBJ HQI. This tank looks really sweet with just...
  10. B

Nano Craze

WOW! I took the time to read every post in this thread. I will first tell you that I have never owned a SW tank in my life. I will also tell you that I have dreamed of having a reef tank for the last 6 years but have never made that a reality. I have been doing my research on this subject...
  11. B

New Set-Up

Hi all: I am interested in clams and soft colorful corals with very few fish and of course some inverts (janitors). I understand that I have to start off slowly but this is one of my goals to achieve and I want to make sure I purchase the right set-up. I found out today via JBJ's email...
  12. B

Hello all!

Wow...where do I start in response to all of these great posts? This is one live and active forum. I'm impressed. I'll try to answer all of the Q's. To Steve: I'm a newbie, but the tanks that I saw looked pretty sweet. There might have been something amiss, but what I saw were nice lookin'...
  13. B

Hello all!

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. To answer Gina's question right off the bat....the cycled 12g NC's at my LFS are all set-up with quite a few corals. I would say that the tanks are at least half full if not more. Not sure about the lighting, I don't think they have the deluxe lighting...
  14. B

Hello all!

I am interested in setting up a 12g NC. There is a store (Pacific Reef Tropical Fish) store down the street that has cycled NC's already established, 1 year I believe, ready for purchase. I spoke with the owner and he said that I can have my pick of what corals that I like from the dozen or so...