Search results

1. U

What Test Kits?

If you have any question about the quallity of your top off (make-up) water and are not using distilled or Ro/Di then you should add silicate as well, to your list of test kits.
  2. U

Favorite Books?

I'm a card carrying book-o-holic with a real problem - I cannot NOT buy a book on a subject that interests me, and as a result I have a few shelves of marine aquarium related books. I'm just curious as to what books you may have that you've found particularly interesting. Here are some of my...
  3. U

Favorite Books?

I'm a card carrying book-o-holic with a real problem - I cannot NOT buy a book on a subject that interests me, and as a result I have a few shelves of marine aquarium related books. I'm just curious as to what books you may have that you've found particularly interesting. Here are some of my...
  4. U

salinity question

Your specific gravity range quoted is fine. However, I agree that swing arm hydrometers are notoriously inaccurate. You are far better off with a standard hydrometer or a refractometer. I've also used an electronic Pinpoint salinity meter and it was a disappointment with highly variable...
  5. U

Foxface husbandry

I bought one to help with a Valonia outbreak. With green Mithrax crabs and the Foxface the problem was solved. Peaceful and a great addition.
  6. U

Natural Sunlight tanks

I've had good luck with an indoor reef aquarium near a large Southwest facing glass door. The tank gets about 4 hours of natural sunlight a day that compliments its usual dose of relatively intense artificial light. I live in Northern Idaho and so temperatures are not much of an issue in...
  7. U

Greetings

Interesting place and I look forward to exploring it. I've been keeping marine aquariums of various types since 1980 and have been a diver since I was nine. I run a company that builds civil (e.g. research, tourist, luxury and commercial submarines - ussubs.com) and also a company building...